Search results

1. wallaby9

'Full screen' mode: hide header and side menu

I would like to see a kind of 'Full-Screen' feature which hides the side menu and the top header bar, and expands everything else. It could remember its state, or appear in the same default state every time a page loads. The real-estate lost to these two areas by my calculation (on this screen...
  2. wallaby9

Date format strings in Results list

I know this has been raised and answered before (https://dadabik.com/forum/index.php?threads/date-format-in-list.23268/) but this didn't provide a solution for me. I have RTFM, in the form of config.php and google searches. The three available date formats for the Results list appear to be...
  3. wallaby9

[Solved] Results list cells wrapping text too early

Hi. This is another display/formatting issue, again not urgent but any idea why is it happening? I have set these parameters for the Name and Description columns (screenshot below): Width (chars): 56 Maxlength: 255 Min width (in px) of the results grid column: 400 As you can see from the...
  4. wallaby9

Date/Time custom format function not working

Hi again (sorry!) I've created a custom function in custom_functions.php as follows: function dadabik_bdge_date_format($the_date) { return date_format($the_date, DATE_ISO8601); } It appears in the drop-down list of custom functions for the field definition, specifically the "Custom...
  5. wallaby9

Unpredictable positioning of "+" button

Hello again. I think this may be a bug. When I display the "Insert" form for my "Bags" table, for the first time, it shows the "+" button on the left of the Category field's text box. The second and subsequent times, it displays to the right where I believe it belongs. Screenshots below...
  6. wallaby9

SOLVED -- Best way to approach a cut-down table-based page

Good afternoon. I'm trying to find the quickest/easiest (hopefully both) way to create a cut-down & slightly rearranged version of a Dadabik page based on a table. It's easier to visualise than explain, so here are two screenshots. This is the (almost) default Dadabik screen: And this is...
  7. wallaby9

Link to a specific record, via custom page?

I want a Menu item "My Details" which takes the user to a form based from a table with the "owner" field set, so they can only edit their own record. The URL is of the form: index.php?tablename=vwContractors&function=edit&where_field=idContractor&where_value=26 But the "26" will change...
  8. wallaby9

Removing the Users table from the Admin group's menu?

The app I'm developing will have one user in the "admin" group and it will be me. I don't want to allow members of the Management group, who will be working daily with the data, to be able to get into the back end, "Edit this App". Problem is, when I have created the Management group, they...
  9. wallaby9

"Copy form settings" doesn't copy results list widths

I've tried copying the settings from a form based on a table, to a form based on a view of that table which is a simple create view vwCheese as (select * from tblCheese) but the results list widths aren't copied across. Not a huge issue but it would be handy if they were!
  10. wallaby9

Selected rows in the Results list

Hi again Eugenio, I've only just noticed that when I click a row in a results list, it goes dark grey. I assume that's some kind of selection indicator, which might allow you to perform a function (like Delete) on all selected records. But I can't see any such feature. Is there some other...
  11. wallaby9

Disabling the List mode?

Is it possible to disable the "List" results mode, and have the system only ever use the Classic Grid? For my purposes most forms will never use the List mode and the selector is a distraction. ================== System info =========================== You are using DaDaBIK version...
  12. wallaby9

Quick question about formatting with custom functions

I just spent ages formatting the results views nicely, with custom_functions.php by making one field bold, and numeric fields aligned right, and a few fields aligned centre. The results table looks like this and I'm pleased with it: (I've redacted some sensitive information) So imagine my...
  13. wallaby9

Strange decimal behaviour

My currency columns, which are data type decimal(19,4) are displaying with trailing zeros, and are also aligned left not right. I'm sure this isn't correct behaviour? Is it something I've done or not done maybe? I'm not aware of anything weird that has happened. ================== System...
  14. wallaby9

*Huge* $_SESSION[] array

I did a var_dump($_SESSION); in a custom PHP file and the resulting page runs to more than 25,000 lines. I wrapped it in "<pre> tags so each variable is split over two lines but even so that's roughly 12,000 variables. Is that normal? It seems a touch excessive!
  15. wallaby9

Limiting a table to the logged-in user's record

Is it possible to limit the information a person can see, e.g. only allow a user to edit their own record in the dadaik_users table, and not see any others? ================== System info =========================== You are using DaDaBIK version 8.1-Lerici enterprise, installed on...
  16. wallaby9

dadabik_users table, password field

Hi, I added some extra columns to the dadabik_users table, so that I could store our other user info there. However when I have now added the extra fields using the DB Synchro section, the password hash box has disappeared. How can I get it back please? Thank you ================== System...
  17. wallaby9

Best approach when you need two different views of a result set?

The title doesn't explain exactly what I mean. Suppose the Contracts form (based on tblContracts) is parent and has an child form of Flights which is based on tblFlights. In this case I want to display perhaps half the fields in the Flights child results form, because half are redundant while...
  18. wallaby9

Passing default values to a new subform

You are using DaDaBIK version 8.0-Lerici enterprise, installed on 04-25-2017 (installation code: ), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 8.0-Lerici released on 04-24-2017 / You are runnning the last release of DaDaBIK PHP Version: 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.21 / mysql version: 5.5.55-0ubuntu0.14.04.1 / Web...
  19. wallaby9

Make a field span more than one column?

As the fields layout in the Edit form is table-based, if I try and increase the width of (say) a "Notes" textarea field to (say) 80 characters, it changes the width of the entire leftmost column. Is there a way to tell a field to span multiple table cells? Example.... first screenshot, "Width...
  20. wallaby9

Field lengths from database?

The field length setting per field.... can this not be derived from the database? It would seem to make sense that the maximum length is the actual maximum length that the field supports. Should I put this in the Suggestions area? [hr] You are using DaDaBIK version 7.3.3 enterprise...