Search results

1. D

FIXED select_multiple search operators, wrong documented behaviour

I am finding this tooltip guidance a little ambiguous: Does this mean Boolean AND -- that is, the search returns records having *all* the values selected or checked in the select_multiple? I think so, but need to verify. And if that's correct, is there any way to get Boolean OR instead? That...
  2. D

ioncube for php 8.2?

cpanel EasyApache has started warning about php 8.1 reaching end of life (of course it's still in the period of security support) so we're back where we were last year with our friends at ioncube -- apparently they have not released a version of the loader for 8.2 or at least it's not yet...
  3. D

ran into trouble upgrading from 11.2 to 11.7

Not asking for support, but just reporting a potential problem. If I'm correct, documentation should be adjusted to reflect a warning. I ran into a [08] MySQL error on doing the up.php method trying to take 11.2 to 11.7. I didn't retain the specific error messages involved, but I know that I...
  4. D

custom page with javascript

I am planning a static custom page with some javascript in it. I'm pretty confident I can include elements in the custom page, but what about the element, where I need to read in some external resources. Can the contents of the custom page start with an declaration and then also a element...
  5. D

php 8 / ioncube loader

I was looking around to see if I can upgrade from php 7.4 to 8 and checked ioncube loader, which we need for DaDaBIK. The wording is a little unclear to me, and I hope I'm reading it wrong, but it seems that the developers are planning a release for php 8 that is not backward compatible with...
  6. D

help - didn't save Manarola zip file

I bought Manarola, downloaded it, expanded the zip file, kept the output but didn't save the zip itself. So now a few weeks later I can't use the up.php upgrade script without the zip, and I can no longer download from my purchase link. I'm happy to rezip the files myself if you can tell me what...
  7. D

any reason not to update to MySQL 8?

Now that cPanel 88 is released to stable along with support for MySQL 8, is there any reason to refrain from updating MySQL as far as DaDaBIK is concerned? You are using DaDaBIK version 9.3-Monterosso enterprise, installed on 07-24-2019 (installation code: 0), the latest version of DaDaBIK...
  8. D

how to change location of error_log

I run instances of DaDaBIK in 5 different directories on a single server. Each of these directories is within public_html. Within each directory where DaDaBIK is installed, there is a file error_log that grows over time. These are not locations that are tracked by cPanel/WHM log rotation...
  9. D

granular permissions on an installed but not enabled table

Is it possible to set granular permissions on a table or view that is installed but not enabled? I use some master/detail views that invoke a view from a different (let's call it the "first") instance of dadabik. The underlying MySQL database is the same. So I am able to install the view from...
  10. D

Can layout hooks be used to echo a script?

In version 9 Monterosso (not installed yet, so I'm not including version info) can layout hooks such as custom_footer_1 or _2 be used to echo a script, such as those used by Google ads? Is the way to do this to wrap the entire existing <script> ... </script> block in an echo ' ' statement just...
  11. D

what is the format of column timestamp_log?

What is the key to reading/decoding column timestamp_log in table dadabik_logs? Does it translate uniquely to a calendar date? Thank you. --- You are using DaDaBIK version 7.3.3 enterprise, installed on 11-11-2016, the last version of DaDaBIK is released on -- You are not running the last...
  12. D

Missing detail icon

I installed a new instance (no authentication) based on previous installs on the same underlying database. In this instance, my results table is not showing the "details" icon in the results table even though that permission is set for the single view that is installed. The results table is...
  13. D

Pagination links don't work in master/details views

I have another problem with the pager (last time, my problem involved paging through a "contains" clause and was traced back to a mod_security rule that deleted index.php -- see https://dadabik.com/forum/read.php?1,18921,18921#msg-18921) This time my problem is with master/detail view. I...
  14. D

demo of cascade/filter?

Is there a current demo of the cascade/filter feature? In a previous forum reply, you've pointed to the "demo 2" table customers > fields city/region/country. In the admin interface, I can see how city is cascaded from country (region is no longer even a field), but I can't see how it actually...
  15. D

Possible bug in pager when searching with contains

The pager is producing page not found (presumably 404) errors when a "contains" search is in use. Here's a database I have (no authentication) http://tbed.org/industry/index.php. Now here's the pager set to page 2 with NO search specified...
  16. D

2 questions on Lerici features

1. For select single fields, the option "show link to record" goes to an "edit" view, but I have edit permission disabled for the parent table in my case, so that click does not succeed. Is there any way to have that "show link" to go to the "details" view instead of "edit"? I don't see this...
  17. D

Questions on menu order setting in admin interface

Questions on the "menu order" setting (using left-hand default): (1) If I use a container (which is a great feature!), then changing menu ordering produces unexpected results. I'm not certain how to order items within a container while also controlling the macro-ordering of the containers...
  18. D

logout appearing in mobile devices even though non-authentication set

Although I am running an instance of DaDaBIK in non-authentication mode, the "logout" block appears on screen either for a mobile device in either orientation, or for a drastically reduced screen width for SOME browsers (e.g., Firefox but not Safari) on the Mac. This is a big problem since...
  19. D

question on views

I am getting ready to try DaDaBIK with a View. It's my understanding previous versions treated previously stored Tables and Views in the mysql database precisely the same, but now in V. 8 views can be created in DaDaBIK itself. My question is: Is there any advantage to creating a View in...
  20. D

Wordpress plugin and SEO

Not really a support question, but does anyone here have an opinion on whether using the dadabik Wordpress plugin represents problem for search engine optimization? I'm worried that the same content (the default results table,since I'm running in read-only non-authenticated mode) will now exist...