demo of cascade/filter?

dh

Is there a current demo of the cascade/filter feature?

In a previous forum reply, you've pointed to the "demo 2" table customers > fields city/region/country. In the admin interface, I can see how city is cascaded from country (region is no longer even a field), but I can't see how it actually works in the ordinary user interface, which doesn't seem to offer city as a search field in the first place. Even if I enable search permission for city in the permissions-setter I still don't see a functioning cascade with country in the user interface. I think I'm missing something.

In my opinion, the help text on cascade doesn't give enough detail on how the repopulation is actually supposed to work and look like in the user (non-admin) interface. Could you do a short video demonstrating the cascade feature? Thank you.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
You can see it here:
Demo n.2 -> Customers -> Insert a new customer -> select a country -> the city menu is automatically populated according to the country.

Best,

dh

Thank you (though the insert works only when logged in as root -- throws an [08] error when logged in as alfonso).

So I see how it works for insert. Is the same functionality available for search? Specifically, even when I enable search permissions on fields city and country in table customers, I don't see the same filtering effect in search.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, you are right, cascade lookup fields are implemented in Insert and edit forms, not in search forms. We'll probably add soon the feature to the search form as well.

About the error with Alfonso: the insert permission shouldn't actually be available for that user, so the insert button is showed by mistake in the demo (as you can see the form is then empty). We'll fix it thanks for the report.

Best,