UI Questions with v12 Aveto

TNewshel

I have two questions concerning v12 (Aveto) which I installed successfully today.

1) The user area in the upper right corner shows the user ID and the 3 dots which should show the options to edit the profile/password and logout as show in Eugenio's demo today. When I hover or click the user ID, it changes background color but does not show any drop-down options. I cannot logout or change password. Has anyone else seen this same issue?

2) The new left navigation menu list is functioning as shown in Eugenio's demo, except the expand and collapse. When I hit the arrow to collapse and show only the icons, the frame simply removes the text (leaving the icons) but does not shrink. When I press the arrow to expand, the text returns. Has anyone seen this behavior?

Screen shots are embedded below. The "TNewshel" looks right in the example, but clicking it or trying to click the 3 dot menu does nothing.

Thanks
Tony

User ID.pngLeft Menu Collapsed.png

Edwin

I had the same kind of problems and unfortunately I needed to choose the option to delete all my adjustments which I did over time in the 'styles-screen-custom.css' file. After that the user logout etc. started working as well as the menu. It is better but in my opinion the menu is still far from an easy customizable and user friendly menu function.

Some tips or at least the process flow I did to get the menu as I wanted:
  1. Delete all the parents in the Pages tab
  2. Number all your menu items uniquely from 1 to N in the Order column in the Pages tab
  3. Re-order them with help of the new drag & drop function in the Menu tab
  4. Optionally Group by menu items by adding parents in the Pages tab
  5. Optionally set an icon on the first item in a group which then will be inherited by the parent in the Pages tab
1715246581005.png 1715246649968.png 1715247417238.png

That scroll bat at the bottom does not make any sence because as soon as you hover over the menu it folds out again. That part should be removed and is a (small) bug I quess.

Also there is a gap in between the first and second group (small detail) if the menu is fold in.

Last edited:

TNewshel

Edwin: Thanks very much for the thoughtful and detailed reply. I did perform all the steps you indicated, and unfortunately, I see no change. I am exactly where I was before the attempted changes. I made sure to delete even the comments I had in the 'styles-screen-custom.css' file just to be safe, since that feels like the obvious place for issues.

There are three possibilities I have that might be contributing to my issues, but I am only guessing. Eugenio or someone else might have further suggestions. My two items to highlight are:

1) I do have two custom php files/forms that are included in my menu. They are both numbered properly and appear where they should in the menu. I highlight this only because these two menu entries are custom, and include several custom elements, but no custom .css file.

2) I have many pages that are not activated and not displayed. These are all listed in the Pages tabs under Tables and Views where they should. Since I do not have these as menu items, I have them all not enabled (no Check Mark under Enabled), and I have them numbered uniquely with a Menu Order even though they do not appear.

3) Although not related to the menu and my problems, I do have some custom buttons that appear and work properly on standard table forms.

The fact that the menu does not collapse is not really a concern to me -- more of a bug. But the lack of a user Logoff and Password Change option in the top right is a problem that should be fixed.

Again ... thank you for taking the time. Hopefully others may have similar issues and hopefully suggestions I can try.

Tony

webmarco

I have two questions concerning v12 (Aveto) which I installed successfully today.

1) The user area in the upper right corner shows the user ID and the 3 dots which should show the options to edit the profile/password and logout as show in Eugenio's demo today. When I hover or click the user ID, it changes background color but does not show any drop-down options. I cannot logout or change password. Has anyone else seen this same issue?

2) The new left navigation menu list is functioning as shown in Eugenio's demo, except the expand and collapse. When I hit the arrow to collapse and show only the icons, the frame simply removes the text (leaving the icons) but does not shrink. When I press the arrow to expand, the text returns. Has anyone seen this behavior?

Screen shots are embedded below. The "TNewshel" looks right in the example, but clicking it or trying to click the 3 dot menu does nothing.

Thanks
Tony

View attachment 357View attachment 358
I noticed the same "problems" after upgrading my app to V12.
I started with a "minor" app so I can test before upgrading the main app, but I'll wait for a a solution insteda upgrading all the apps immediately.

webmarco

After a reboot of my pc from where I access the app, the "problems" described disappeared.
I don't know if it could be helping but I am just reporting.
My app now works properly

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello guys,
the user interface, after many years, has been radically changed and it would be impossible to guarantee that CSS changes you made in styles_screen_custom can 100% work with the new interface. Sorry maybe I should have highlighted that in the changelog but I thought it was clear. I expect that many changes can still work in the new UI, though.

We always try to keep backward compatibility with your old custom PHP/Javascript code, but keeping 100% backward compatibility with CSS when we change the UI is nearly impossible.

Let's try, in this post, to highlight just bugs (even minor ones) you see in the new UI; please do your tests after having cleaned the cache of your browser and please add information about OS and browser used otherwise I can't replicate the issues.

@TNewshel , @Edwin could you summarize in a new comments here your findings, also noting if you see the same behaviour on our online demo?