Error - Check DB connection: [06] Error:

deep64blue

DaDaBIK Guru
your grant statement worked with dadabik in both username position and db position. I have tried many different combinations. copied from manuals, syntax errors every time. Any ideas???
The syntax is as below - note the database name is enclosed in backticks while the username is single quotes.

Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `dadabik`.* TO 'dadabik'@'%';

TGSTech

The syntax is as below - note the database name is enclosed in backticks while the username is single quotes.

Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `dadabik`.* TO 'dadabik'@'%';
Stupid me, i know syntax across all environments is very specific and must be followed exactly. IN my defense found this in the 8.2 manual GRANT ALL ON db1.* TO 'jeffrey'@'localhost'; Does not show quotes or backticks. Confused me. Probably the difference in the console version. Thanks so much. Worked first time.

TGSTech

This si very strange - do checksums work ok for other files?
Actually, this is first time i've had to use D5 checksum process. I copied the checksum value that adjoined the download button. Then ran D5 provided file name and the checksum i copied. Came back 'not a match'. I thought it was strange to but then that's why we use a checksum.

TGSTech

The requirements can be found here. Oracale MySQL should be fine but make sure it is a clean system / you have uninstalled your original MySQL instance.
The only server i have loaded is the wamp server and assume it came with an sql server. Are you suggesting i need to uninstall the sql server that came with the wamp server? Probably have to uninstall sql in order to do that. Then somehow connect the new server to wamp server. Do i have this right?

deep64blue

DaDaBIK Guru
The only server i have loaded is the wamp server and assume it came with an sql server. Are you suggesting i need to uninstall the sql server that came with the wamp server? Probably have to uninstall sql in order to do that. Then somehow connect the new server to wamp server. Do i have this right?
The advantage of a system like WAMP is that everything is configured together and easy to use. If you want to use different components you would be better off uninstalling WAMP and installing your required components separately, given you are clearly not very experienced in these things I would caution you that this latter way is much much harder. Think carefully about why you want a different MySQL version and is it really worth the effort.

TGSTech

Many thanks for your input. I am only new to servers and server admin and creating new SQL databases. I have done some sql queries but as you know that is minor part of the whole. Wanting to use Visual studio Code (VC), have created an app with c++ with Visual Studio 2013 before, because i want to write some C++ and use sql. I have avoided creating sql DB's and now want to jump in.
Thought i could use VC as an sql workbench replacement since i can't seem to get past the checksum issue. So your suggesting i just use the wampserver for my development asperations rather than setting up a new server. I shall try that first!! I need the easiest path on the server side that i can get, at least for now. Many thanks for your input!! Will work on the checksum issue. Again, your help is invaluable. Thanks for staying with me through this process! Will likely have more questions as i get started using dadabik.

TGSTech

Yeah I didn't mean to imply you were a total noob lol but these things can be a bit tricky if you've not dealt with them before.
Fully understand. I just wanted to give you a bit more of my background. I am retired and still challenging my mind. Thanks.

TGSTech

Ok, would you please look at this. Why would this grant have 0 rows affected? Valid DB and User. Did it actually grant the privileges?

TGSTech

Could you please take a look at this. Using workbench, created DB and table trying to load it with the wizard. (Also tried with infile statement getting "mysql server ...running with secure file options" Error . can't find a solution for that.) The data shows up perfectly in the prelim step as shown attached file. Then click finish and it fills the first column correctly but all the text fields have "Null" in them. Tried variations many times same result. Files attached. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Loading table issue - Finished prod.jpg
    Loading table issue - Finished prod.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Loading table issue - Prelim.jpg
    Loading table issue - Prelim.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 1

deep64blue

DaDaBIK Guru
Hard to tell, only thing that jumps out is the data preview looks like comma separated whereas you have it set as tab.

TGSTech

Hard to tell, only thing that jumps out is the data preview looks like comma separated whereas you have it set as tab.
Thanks for looking. I tried every combination. I suspect the "mysql server ...running with secure file options" Error is the culprit. Have to figure that out first. I have tried, will try again. Many Thanks

TGSTech

Finally got past the "mysql server ...running with secure file options" Error.
...mysql\mysql8.2.0\my.ini
[mysqld]
secure_file_priv = "" This line did the trick. restarted server from scratch, closed and opened DB in Workbench.

I have finally successfully created DB, Table and loaded it. Now ready to start dadabik app. Yea Haw!!! Thanks for your help. You have been outstanding assistance!

If i need help with dadabik, i will be in touch. Try not to bother you.

TGSTech

I am stuck! I received a bunch of warnings and cannot seem to get into the app until they are cleared up. Only way I know to start the app is by entering the virtual host name. All i get is these warnings. How do i clear them?

Warnings and login.php Only place login.php is referenced in the manual is in HTTP section (Platinum only). Why would the Pro version get these warnings?

( ! ) Warning: main(./include/languages/e.php): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp64\DaDaBiKFldr\login.php on line 0

( ! ) Warning: main(): Failed opening './include/languages/e.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in C:\wamp64\DaDaBiKFldr\login.php on line 0

<br /><font size='1'><table class='xdebug-error xe-warning' dir='ltr' border='1' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='1'><tr><th align='left' bgcolor='#f57900' colspan=

( ! ) Warning: Undefined variable $login_messages_ar in C:\wamp64\DaDaBiKFldr\include\forms\login.php on line 37
( ! ) Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in C:\wamp64\DaDaBiKFldr\include\forms\login.php on line 37

<br /><font size='1'><table class='xdebug-error xe-warning' dir='ltr' border='1' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='1'><tr><th align='left' bgcolor='#f57900' colspan=

( ! ) Warning: Undefined variable $login_messages_ar in C:\wamp64\DaDaBiKFldr\include\forms\login.php on line 38
Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in C:\wamp64\DaDaBiKFldr\include\forms\login.php on line 38

( ! ) Warning: Undefined variable $login_messages_ar in C:\wamp64\DaDaBiKFldr\include\forms\login.php on line 45
Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in C:\wamp64\DaDaBiKFldr\include\forms\login.php on line 45