Dead Lock

D

I sent my app out to three people for testing. It worked a little while. Now we cannot open the main form of the application it shows a deadlock. I always thought dead locks were something that occured on insert, we are only opening the form at this point. The dead lock then chooses a victim and on or the other transaction would fail. This form is connected to a table with 53,000 records. How do I go about making the form useable again, and permanently stop this from happening? no one can get past this to see the form.

[08] Error: during query execution. SELECT "Image_Library"."Visible_image", "Image_Library"."Image_Name", "Image_Library"."Organization_id", "Image_Library"."Custnum", "Image_Library"."Stores", "Stores____1"."Store_Name" AS "Stores____Store_Name____1", "Image_Library"."Stores3", "Stores____2"."Store_Name" AS "Stores____Store_Name____2", "Image_Library"."Stores1", "Stores____3"."Store_Name" AS "Stores____Store_Name____3", "Image_Library"."id", "Image_Library"."Manual_Overide", "Boolean____1"."Value" AS "Boolean____Value____1", "Image_Library"."No_Longer_used", "Boolean____2"."Value" AS "Boolean____Value____2", "Image_Library"."Image_type", "File_Types____1"."File_Type" AS "File_Types____File_Type____1", "Image_Library"."StitchCount", "Image_Library"."Isvector", "Image_Library"."Item_location", "Item_Location____1"."Item_Location" AS "Item_Location____Item_Location____1", "Image_Library"."Production_Ready_Image_Height", "Image_Library"."Production_Ready_Image_Width", "Image_Library"."Color_Pos_1", "Color_Slots____1"."Color" AS "Color_Slots____Color____1", "Image_Library"."Color_Pos_2", "Color_Slots____2"."Color" AS "Color_Slots____Color____2", "Image_Library"."Color_Pos_3", "Color_Slots____3"."Color" AS "Color_Slots____Color____3", "Image_Library"."Color_Pos_4", "Color_Slots____4"."Color" AS "Color_Slots____Color____4", "Image_Library"."Color_Pos_5", "Color_Slots____5"."Color" AS "Color_Slots____Color____5", "Image_Library"."Color_Pos_6", "Color_Slots____6"."Color" AS "Color_Slots____Color____6", "Image_Library"."Color_Pos_7", "Color_Slots____7"."Color" AS "Color_Slots____Color____7", "Image_Library"."Color_Pos_8", "Color_Slots____8"."Color" AS "Color_Slots____Color____8", "Image_Library"."Color_Pos_9", "Color_Slots____9"."Color" AS "Color_Slots____Color____9", "Image_Library"."Color_Pos_10", "Color_Slots____10"."Color" AS "Color_Slots____Color____10", "Image_Library"."Color_Pos_11", "Color_Slots____11"."Color" AS "Color_Slots____Color____11", "Image_Library"."Color_Pos_12", "Color_Slots____12"."Color" AS "Color_Slots____Color____12", "Image_Library"."Color_Pos_13", "Color_Slots____13"."Color" AS "Color_Slots____Color____13", "Image_Library"."Color_Pos_14", "Color_Slots____14"."Color" AS "Color_Slots____Color____14", "Image_Library"."Color_Pos_15", "Color_Slots____15"."Color" AS "Color_Slots____Color____15", "Image_Library"."File_Location", "Image_Library"."File_Name", "Image_Library"."Native_Image_Link", "Image_Library"."Production_Ready_Template_ID", "Image_Library"."Production_Ready_Template_Image", "Image_Library"."Inserted", "Image_Library"."LastUsed", "Image_Library"."Inserted_by", "Image_Library"."Modified_By", "Image_Library"."LastModifiedDate", "Image_Library"."tags", "Image_Library"."Order", "Image_Library"."Organization_Mascot_Character_Count", "Image_Library"."Organization_Name_Character_Count", "Image_Library"."Mascot" FROM "Image_Library" LEFT JOIN "Stores" AS "Stores____1" ON "Image_Library"."Stores" = "Stores____1"."id" LEFT JOIN "Stores" AS "Stores____2" ON "Image_Library"."Stores3" = "Stores____2"."id" LEFT JOIN "Stores" AS "Stores____3" ON "Image_Library"."Stores1" = "Stores____3"."id" LEFT JOIN "Boolean" AS "Boolean____1" ON "Image_Library"."Manual_Overide" = "Boolean____1"."id" LEFT JOIN "Boolean" AS "Boolean____2" ON "Image_Library"."No_Longer_used" = "Boolean____2"."id" LEFT JOIN "File_Types" AS "File_Types____1" ON "Image_Library"."Image_type" = "File_Types____1"."id" LEFT JOIN "Item_Location" AS "Item_Location____1" ON "Image_Library"."Item_location" = "Item_Location____1"."id" LEFT JOIN "Color_Slots" AS "Color_Slots____1" ON "Image_Library"."Color_Pos_1" = "Color_Slots____1"."id" LEFT JOIN "Color_Slots" AS "Color_Slots____2" ON "Image_Library"."Color_Pos_2" = "Color_Slots____2"."id" LEFT JOIN "Color_Slots" AS "Color_Slots____3" ON "Image_Library"."Color_Pos_3" = "Color_Slots____3"."id" LEFT JOIN "Color_Slots" AS "Color_Slots____4" ON "Image_Library"."Color_Pos_4" = "Color_Slots____4"."id" LEFT JOIN "Color_Slots" AS "Color_Slots____5" ON "Image_Library"."Color_Pos_5" = "Color_Slots____5"."id" LEFT JOIN "Color_Slots" AS "Color_Slots____6" ON "Image_Library"."Color_Pos_6" = "Color_Slots____6"."id" LEFT JOIN "Color_Slots" AS "Color_Slots____7" ON "Image_Library"."Color_Pos_7" = "Color_Slots____7"."id" LEFT JOIN "Color_Slots" AS "Color_Slots____8" ON "Image_Library"."Color_Pos_8" = "Color_Slots____8"."id" LEFT JOIN "Color_Slots" AS "Color_Slots____9" ON "Image_Library"."Color_Pos_9" = "Color_Slots____9"."id" LEFT JOIN "Color_Slots" AS "Color_Slots____10" ON "Image_Library"."Color_Pos_10" = "Color_Slots____10"."id" LEFT JOIN "Color_Slots" AS "Color_Slots____11" ON "Image_Library"."Color_Pos_11" = "Color_Slots____11"."id" LEFT JOIN "Color_Slots" AS "Color_Slots____12" ON "Image_Library"."Color_Pos_12" = "Color_Slots____12"."id" LEFT JOIN "Color_Slots" AS "Color_Slots____13" ON "Image_Library"."Color_Pos_13" = "Color_Slots____13"."id" LEFT JOIN "Color_Slots" AS "Color_Slots____14" ON "Image_Library"."Color_Pos_14" = "Color_Slots____14"."id" LEFT JOIN "Color_Slots" AS "Color_Slots____15" ON "Image_Library"."Color_Pos_15" = "Color_Slots____15"."id" ORDER BY "Image_Library"."Organization_id" ASC, "Image_Library"."id" OFFSET 0 ROWS FETCH NEXT 10 ROWS ONLY
The DBMS server said: SQLSTATE[40001]: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server][SQL Server]Transaction (Process ID 64) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

About/upgrade​

DaDaBIK™ is a product conceived and developed by Eugenio Tacchini
Copyright © 2001-2023 Eugenio Tacchini
Proudly ❤️ made in Emilia
dadabik.com

Your current DaDaBIK version​

You are using DaDaBIK version 11.9-Elba enterprise, installed on 06-16-2023 (installation code: 18930648ca84cc7de1), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 11.9-Elba released on 03-23-2023
You are running the latest release of DaDaBIK
In case you want to upgrade to a more powerful edition (from Pro to Enterprise/Platinum, from Enterprise to Platinum) please contact us.

System info​

PHP Version: 8.1.20
sqlserver version: 15.00.2000
Web server: Microsoft-IIS/10.0
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/114.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
URL installation: https://idahomenow.com/program_files/

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
that's very strange, what you mean with "main form"? Which page are you referring to?

I tried to access the URL you have in the footer of your message but I can't (the browser indefinitely tried to load the page).
Are you sure the server is not busy for other reasons and/or it is under attack?

Best,

D

Hello,
that's very strange, what you mean with "main form"? Which page are you referring to?

I tried to access the URL you have in the footer of your message but I can't (the browser indefinitely tried to load the page).
Are you sure the server is not busy for other reasons and/or it is under attack?

Best,
The server is internal behind a firewall. The program has a page called Image_Library the above query builds it. When we try to enter we were get ting the error. Very strange indeed. I turned on optimistic locking on the SQL server. I don't know if it fixed it, or if the testers have not been in yet. It is working for me right now.

Thanks

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
It's still not clear which page you are referring to. I guess it's a standard results grid for the table Image_Library, is it? Or maybe it is a custom page?

If it's the standard results grid, I see there are many lookup fields, I would try to remove some of them from the results view to see if this changes something.

D

It's still not clear which page you are referring to. I guess it's a standard results grid for the table Image_Library, is it? Or maybe it is a custom page?

If it's the standard results grid, I see there are many lookup fields, I would try to remove some of them from the results view to see if this changes something.
Yes, it is the standard results grid. The grid only has about 5 fields in regular mode and many more in the advanced search. If the change we made to the server does not cure the problem, we will have the customer choose a smaller number of search fields.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
The fields I was referring to are the lookup fields you show in the grid, not the ones you show in the quick/search form.