Search results

1. L

The item from which you came no longer exists

I have been using a quick search to identify a set of records which I wish to correct. After editing a record, clicking "Save" and then "Next" returns a page saying only "The item from which you came no longer exists" It appears that the search is re-executed after the save and the corrected...
  2. L

Quick search selectors for "empty" etc do not persist

I have the "Is empty" and "Is not empty" choices enabled for most of my quick search fields. However, once the search is made, they always revert to the first choice, "contains". This is really annoying. This occurs even when there is content in some of the other fields. Len. You are using...
  3. L

Pass username to login form in URL

Hello, I would like to be able to create bookmarks or shortcuts which pass the username to the login form, so the user only has to enter the password. Is it possible to do this by appending some sort of parameter to the login form URL of http://192.168.x.x/Trainfinda/login.php ? Thanks, Len...
  4. L

Pricing currency inconsistency on website

On the website at https://dadabik.com/index.php?function=show_pricing the prices in the top row of the table are in $ (USD I assume) but the maintenance prices at the bottom are in Euro. There should be a currency selector somewhere, or at least the prices should be in the same currency. BTW...
  5. L

Implemented Hide Search button if no fields enabled for Search

I have a number of tables with only a few columns, and all the searchable fields enabled for Quick Search. None are enabled for Search, but the Search button still appears, and when clicked on brings up a search page with no actual entry fields.
  6. L

Multi-field copy/paste

My app is a photo library, where records are created (with only ID numbers and links) as images are scanned, with descriptions added later (possibly much later) . I want to implemt custom buttons for "Copy all fields" and "Paste all empty fields" to simplify describing a number of similar...
  7. L

$treat_blank_as_null and is_empty/is_null

I am using the $treat_blank_as_null = 1 setting so empty fields are stored in the DB as nulls and I have suppressed the null checkboxes. However, I discovered recently that the is_empty search operator no longer works. is_null does work to find "empty" records. It seems that null records are not...
  8. L

Be very careful editing PHP files

My application is a photo database, and one day recently the JPEGs stopped displaying. After a lot of searching for permission related issues in both Dadabik and Linux, I finally discovered with the help of a friend that the JPEGs were being delivered from the server, but that a leading CRLF had...
  9. L

Help buttons for user form fields

I would like to have help buttons next to some of my form fields in edit mode, preferably query marks like the ones in the Form configurator. I have more information to display than fits tidily in the Tooltip, and I don't want it always visible and taking up space like a Hint. A flag converting...
  10. L

Help buttons for my entry form fields

I would like to have help buttons next to some of my form fields, preferably like the ones in the Form configurator. I have more information to display than fits tidily in the Tooltip, and I don't want it always vsible like a Hint. I am initially thinking of adding a custom button next to the...
  11. L

Run multiple copies of app on same PC

I tried to run 2 copies of my app in the same browser (probably FireFox) the other week, and there seemed to be cross-coupling between their data entry and search fields. a) is this a supported thing? b) if so, is there some particular ID or field etc which must be used to separate the 2...
  12. L

Adjust separation of fields on Details/Edit pages

I find that the various fields in Detail and Edit pages are quite widely separated (double spaced lines), and also seem to have larger margins between the text and the box outlines than I'd like. Is there any guide as to what can be changed in CSS or similar? I know very little about web coding...
  13. L

Access logging

I have tried to turn on Access logging by setting $enable_access_logging = 1; in my config.php. This didn't seem to have any effect, the dadabik_logs table has remained empty. Today I also set $enable_sql_logging = 1; to see how that worked, and all of a sudden the access logging is working...
  14. L

Regular expression search

I know the syntax is scary to non-believers, but a regex search option would be really helpful in my use case, where I'm trying to find e.g. "RM1" but not "RM12" or "RM188" in a text field which may contain "RM1", "RM1,RM2", "RM100,RM120" etc.
  15. L

Could not edit post

I just created a post about the default group, and forgot the package info. I went to edit it a minute later, which was allowed, but when I clicked on "Save Changes" I got a message: You do not have permission to edit this post. If the administrator has set a time limit on editing, it may have...
  16. L

Default group - any special purpose

Dadabik ships with two groups, admin and default. I have created a "public" group with a public_user, and an "editor" group. "admin" obviously makes magic things happen for its users :)-D Does the "default" group serve any essential purpose if you don't have any users assigned to it? Does it...
  17. L

Hide "Show revisions" button for non-Platinum editions

I have Enterprise 10.1 and it's annoying to have the "Show revisions" button showing up at the bottom of the forms for admins. It should be hidden for editions where it isn't available.
  18. L

Can validation function change the value?

I have successfully created a custom validation function, but am discovering that it is (correctly) failing things like leading or trailing spaces which I don't want in the database. Is the validation function able to modify the current value to make it fit rather than rejecting it, if possible...
  19. L

Return to public home page on logout

My app has a public user. I can use the Login link on the public home page to login as an authorised user. However, when I logout it takes me to the login screen, not back to the public interface. This should be a configurable option, or have the login screen go public if no user is entered (a...
  20. L

Returning to the public user interface after logout

I have created a public_user, and a public group, and that works OK if I go to the URL of my application without login.php at the end. I can use the Login link on the public home page to login as a authorised user. However, if I logout it takes me to the login screen, not back to the public...