Help buttons for my entry form fields

I would like to have help buttons next to some of my form fields, preferably like the ones in the Form configurator. I have more information to display than fits tidily in the Tooltip, and I don't want it always vsible like a Hint.

I am initially thinking of adding a custom button next to the file, with ? as the text, and from the function called from that button, further calling the JavaScript function show_admin_help with the necessary HTML.
Is there any reason why this wouldn't work?

I may look at editing the form PHP to try to make ? buttons instead of displaying the hint.

Thanks, Len.

You are using DaDaBIK version 10.2-Manarola enterprise, installed on 02-08-2020 (installation code: xxx), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 10.2-Manarola released on 15-07-2020

You are runnning the last release of DaDaBIK

In case you want to upgrade to a more powerful edition (from Pro to Enterprise/Platinum, from Enteprise to Platinum) please contact us.
System info

PHP Version: 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.6

mysql version: 5.5.5-10.3.23-MariaDB-1:10.3.23+maria~bionic

Web server: Apache/2.4.29 (Ubuntu)

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:79.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/79.0

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
I wouldn't rely on using show_admin_help, using it as custom button is not the intended purpose, the code of the function might change in the future and that would break your code.

Best,