Run multiple copies of app on same PC

I tried to run 2 copies of my app in the same browser (probably FireFox) the other week, and there seemed to be cross-coupling between their data entry and search fields.
a) is this a supported thing?
b) if so, is there some particular ID or field etc which must be used to separate the 2 instances?

Thanks, Len.

You are using DaDaBIK version 10.2-Manarola Enterprise

PHP Version: 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.6
mysql version: 5.7.30-0ubuntu0.18.04.1
Web server: Apache/2.4.29 (Ubuntu)
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:78.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/78.0

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
each dadabik app should have a unique dadabik_session_name (see the instructions in config.php), maybe this was the problem.

Best,

I have several lookup tables in the app which are not currently usable while editing a record in the master table. Because I wanted to be able to quickly swap between editing one table and looking up another I started 2 separate browser windows in Firefox which seemed to work fine. It was when I inadvertently had both windows displaying the main table grid view that I realised that search terms entered in one window showed up in the other - even when the windows are logged in as different users.
I can see usage scenarios where somebody is working on the main table in the database and wants to open another window to do a quick lookup for a different reason or for somebody asking over his shoulder, and then finds his original search terms are gone.
I did wonder if there was a function we could use to uniquely identify the sessions from the browser end, but it appears not.
I may have to create a separate lookup app for each of these two tables - but I don't really want to use half of my allowed app count just to have 3 windows open at the same time, and it doesn't solve the problem of parallel use of the main table.

I guess I will have to emphasize to the users that they cannot run multiple instances of the database on the same PC.
I read that each browser has its own cookies, so I suppose 1 FF window, 1 Edge window and 1 Chrome window might work, but is too messy to try describing :)

If I have 2 apps running off the same database as the documentation describes, do they share the user table, or does each one have its own separate user set?

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
I am not sure if I have understood all the details of the question, but, starting from the beginning, you cannot, with the same browser, login in the same application using two different users. This is not dadabik-related, it's something you can't in general with a web application, just to give you an example, you cannot login with two Facebook users in two tabs of your browser.

Best,