Search results

1. B

upload directories killing me

Is the directory writable? If this is a unix/linux server, at the command prompt: $ chmod 0777 /home/mysite/program_files/uploads Or your FTP program might be able to do it by right clicking on the directory name. FileZilla and SmartFTP can do that, at least...
  2. B

Warning when opening

not allowed to access /var/tmp/ I don't know Apple, but I'd say the permissions for this directory aren't allowing you to save the session file. Is that a real directory? If so, can you make the directory writable? In Linux it's chmod 777, if that helps...
  3. B

Cannot display page after insert

To use it at the domain root, make your site path like this: $site_path = '/';
  4. B

No data is saved

I doubt that the collation would do anything....how about the field names? Are there any fields with spaces or dots? IE `field name` or `field.name`
  5. B

No data is saved

Try it by changing: - Field 14: date -> insert_date/numeric - Field 15: date -> update_date/numeric According to the documentation, insert_date and update_date must both be set as date types.
  6. B

No data is saved

Well for instance I've had trouble where a date field in DaDaBIK won't update a DATETIME field MySql. I would check the Interface configurator to make sure the fields all match.
  7. B

No data is saved

What's the data type of your database field, compared to the type of DaDaBIK?
  8. B

error after update or delete

If you set the public IP and it works for remote users, can you set the database $host to the same public IP?
  9. B

Want to set up Date Picker

I have a date picker working on my test site; you can see it here: http://quasitown.com/dadabik_files/dadabik_4.2/program_files/index.php?function=show_insert_form&table_name=Content Here's the site I got it from: http://javascriptkit.com/script/script2/timestamp.shtml Following the basic...
  10. B

error after update or delete

What does the error page say? Have you tried using the private IP address for your $site_url?
  11. B

Dadabik login session timeout

By default, DaDaBIK doesn't handle cookie lifetime; this is set in php.ini with session.cookie_lifetime. You can override this (untested) like this: /include/common_start.php line# 111 session_start(); session_set_cookie_params(3600); //60 minutes if ((rand()%10) == 0)...
  12. B

specific folder upload

You could add a javascript popup window to display the image http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/imagetooltip.htm Post Edited (03-12-09 18:19)
  13. B

specific folder upload

In the examples that I gave, you would need to make sure the field used is not an upload field, but a text field, and of course change the name to match (field_name_temp). My examples only allow you to see the available files, and then write them in the box. Which is one of the reasons this...
  14. B

specific folder upload

This sounds like it could get a bit complicated, depending on how you want things to work. For instance, you're saying to browse for files in the 'pictures' directory during an insert or update process. Browse ALL pictures, or is there some record in your database of which to show the user...
  15. B

csv problem - the 2nd

Did you change the config.php file to use semicolon? // csv separator $csv_separator = ";";
  16. B

csv problem - the 2nd

CSV stands for "Comma Separated Value". When you're using Excel to open the file and it goes through that wizard, make sure it's delimited fields, separated with comma (,) and your text qualifier is quote (")
  17. B

Dadabik & database on stand alone computer

Yes, as long as you have a web server installed with php and mysql. Even if you're not serving real websites, you need to have php and mysql installed. Here's an easy (free) way to install all the required software: http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html
  18. B

DaDaBIK Community Versions

I just uploaded my first contribution to the community sourceforge page. This one integrates fully the database session management through adodb. If selected in config, it will auto-create the session table.
  19. B

Hi Roberto! That's exactly what I'm talking about; user forms, shortcuts, joomla-integration, rowrights, pre and postupdate exits, PDF Export... I really think we have a great base product here, but there are several people writing their own modifications in a forum that, honestly, isn't well...
  20. B

Just out of curiosity, how much interest is there in a community version site? It could be hosted on Sourceforge, and then different implementations could be submitted for use or learning. Ideas? Post Edited (02-10-09 00:11)