Warning when opening

Hannah

Hi,
I am using Dadabik 4.2 and have tested it on my local server (Apple with xampp) and it is running wonderful without any problems.
Now I have loaded it on the server at strato and I got the message:

>> Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 1347987 is not allowed to access /var/tmp/ owned by uid 0 in /mnt/web1/10/55/52064555/htdocs/dbmachen/include/common_start.php on line 112

Fatal error: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Failed to initialize storage module: files (path: ) in /mnt/web1/10/55/52064555/htdocs/dbmachen/include/common_start.php on line 112 >>

In the php.ini safe mode is off, so I don't know what to do. When I remove
>>ini_set('session.cookie_path', $site_path);
session_start();

if (!isset($_POST)){
$_POST=$HTTP_POST_VARS;
}
if (!isset($_GET)){
$_GET=$HTTP_GET_VARS;
}
if (!isset($_FILES)){
$_FILES=$HTTP_POST_FILES;
}
if (!isset($_SESSION)){
$_SESSION=$HTTP_SESSION_VARS;
}>>

in the common_start.php the site is running, but of course the login won't function.

So if anybody has a solution for this problem, I would be very glad! Thank you very much!

Greetings, Hannah

billthecat

not allowed to access /var/tmp/

I don't know Apple, but I'd say the permissions for this directory aren't allowing you to save the session file. Is that a real directory? If so, can you make the directory writable? In Linux it's chmod 777, if that helps...

JP

Googled and found this:

19.12.3.14 Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect.

This warning arises when your system administrator has enabled safe mode in their php.ini file, and you are trying to do something that safe mode does not allow you to do. For example, reading files not owned by you or executing programs are both examples of operations that are likely to fail under safe mode.

How to solve this? Well, sadly there is no real fix to it: you either convince your system adninistrator to disable safe mode, get them to add what you want to the list of safe mode exceptions, or just rewrite your code to work around the problem. The latter is not really recommended, because it invariably involves dirty hacks that may end up being disabled in future versions of PHP or in future edits of the php.ini file by your administrator once they find out you've worked your way around their wishes.

Post Edited (04-08-09 04:28)

Hannah

Hello billthecat and hello JP,
thank you for your help!
billthecat:On my Apple dadabik is running without problems, the message appeares when I try to open it on the Provider's Server, where the site of my clients is hosted.

JP: I was afraid that something like this is the problem. The directory mentioned in the message is not existing in my webspace, I suppose it somewhere at the provider to store cookies. My sitepath to store cookies is defined, but for some reason, it seems probably not to be used....
The provider told me that safe mode is off and the phpinfo.php tells the same. But I think they have somewher another php.ini running perhaps for security or something like this.

If you have any other idea to solve the problem, I would be glad to hear from you again, I would prefer to use dadabik because of its features rather than writing my own program of which I either do not know, if it will run on this damned server...

Have a nice day
Hannah

Post Edited (04-08-09 08:07)