Recent content by nassausky

1. N

Error during install

Got it. I read it again in the config.php and what you're saying is making sense now. Thanks
  2. N

Quick and Simple Way to Remove RECNO from table

1 word. "Brilliant" Thanks I forgot about that, haven't done that in a couple years.
  3. N

I think the term for it is the DataGrid view (hiding the RECNO column)
  4. N

Is there a Quick and Simple Way to Remove RECNO from the default table that gets setup during an initial install? I didn't see an option to remove any columns from view in the Administration area.
  5. N

Error during install

I think there might be a slight wording problem. The way you worded the FAQ makes it seem like the bug only affects settings on the front-end Administrator web page. All I did was change the definition of the variable $users_table_name in config.php from it's default value to...
  6. N

Antique Version Of Dadabik

Great Thanks that answered the question. It's version 4.2. I only saw mention of an upgrade path from version 5 and greater. Might be nice to mention in the same manual or FAQ that it's not an option unless it's done manually (if possible). I think I will work around it now and try to...
  7. N

Error during install

OK I figured that problem out. There is a bug in 7.3.1 You can't change the variable $users_table_name in config.php from it's default value $users_table_name = $prefix_internal_table.'users'; I wanted to give the users table a different name and it gave the above error.
  8. N

Error during install

DaDaBIK version, browser, operating system, DBMS (e.g. Mysql 5.1.47), Web server (e.g. Apache 2.2.16)) RECOMMENDATION: Include a php file in the install package that can display as much of this info as possible so we can copy and paste it here. DaDaBIK version: 7.3.1 Enterprise OS: Windows 10...
  9. N

Antique Version Of Dadabik

I have a really old version of dadabik installed on a web server. How can I tell what version it is? When I add admin.php to the url, I get a page displaying DaDaBIK - Administration Manage the list of tables of the plainedg_movies1 database you want to use in DaDaBIK Here is the list of...
  10. N

Read Only Fields (Suggestion)

Come to think of if you're right. Most of the time I want to have a clue about what's going on with the id or auto increment fields I check at the database level and don't use it from the user front end. I updated the title regarding your information. Thanks
  11. N

OMG yeah "Yes but disabled" was the simple answer. I saw it there but never knew that is what it did. That is what I wanted, to show the field yet have it disabled. As far as the second question, do you think a majority of people set auto increment and want that field set for "Yes but...
  12. N

You are using DaDaBIK version 7.2 ENTERPRISE, installed on 03-16-2016, the last version of DaDaBIK is 7.2 released on 03-16-2016 You are runnning the last release of DaDaBIK PHP Version: 5.3.29 mysql version: 5.6.28-76.1-log Web server: Apache 2.2.23 Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64)...
  13. N

[01] Error: please specify host, etc...

FYI Just for anyone else having this problem. I had a period character in the session name that was driving me nuts with the same error. Removed it and all was fine. My guess is that it's very limited to alpha characters only.
  14. N

Other choices allowed?

I will have to keep that in mind. Right now I have no need to search for Custodial Setup details but when i get time maybe I will try to see how I can overcome that issue if I decide to use other drop down lists the same way. Thanks
  15. N

Other choices allowed?

OK here is how I got it to work. (You can add values to the other... choice in drop down lists and not have them saved) Both in business_logic.php I didn't touch the insert_other_field function but instead removed the update_options function as below function...