Antique Version Of Dadabik

nassausky

I have a really old version of dadabik installed on a web server. How can I tell what version it is? When I add admin.php to the url, I get a page displaying

[pre]
DaDaBIK - Administration

Manage the list of tables of the plainedg_movies1 database you want to use in DaDaBIK

Here is the list of the tables installed on DaDaBIK:
Uncheck include to exclude a table from DaDaBIK.
Click Uninstall if you have dropped the table from the database.
Include
movies Uninstall

Here is the list of the tables present in your database:
Click Install to install each table and add it to the above list.
If you install an already present table, you'll overwrite its configuration.

dadabik_movies Install
dadabik_table_list Install
movies Install
users_tab Install

Configure the DaDaBIK interface of the table movies

For this table enable: Insert Edit Delete Details

Table alias (this is what DaDaBIK displays in the tables listbox)

If you want to configure the interface of the table in detail (e.g. want to specify if a field should be included or not in the search/insert/update form, the content of the field......) you have to use the Interface configurator.

Directly from this page you can, instead, update DaDaBIK when you have modified some fields of your table (i.e. when you have added one or more fields, deleted one or more fields, renamed one or more fields from movies).

Please follow these steps in the correct order:

Step 1:
If you have renamed some fields of movies you have to specify here the new names.

Select the field name you want to change and specify the new name:
Old field name:
new field name:

Step 2:
If you have deleted some fields of movies you have to specify here which fields you have deleted by selecting it/them and pressing the delete button.

Select the field/s you want to delete:
(press CTRL for multiple selection)

Step 3:
If you have added some fields to movies you have to update DaDaBIK by pressing the refresh installation button:

Step 4:
If you want to change the displaying order of a field in the DaDaBIK interfaces, you can do it by selecting the field from the following menu and specifying the new position. All the other field positions will be shifted correctly.
Field name (position):
New position:
[/pre]

But I don't see what version it is.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
If you look at the HTML code generated by DaDaBIK (right click on a DaDaBIK front-end page and then "show source" or something similar depending on the browswer) you should see something like

meta name="Generator" content="DaDaBIK 7.3 - http://www.dadabik.org/">

You can guess the version from the tag.

Best,

nassausky

Great Thanks that answered the question. It's version 4.2.

I only saw mention of an upgrade path from version 5 and greater. Might be nice to mention in the same manual or FAQ that it's not an option unless it's done manually (if possible). I think I will work around it now and try to create the same front-end I had before by starting from scratch.

I also can't mark the 'original' subject as SOLVED since this blog web application doesn't allow me to edit the original post so I will mark it in the current subject of this post.