Error during install

nassausky

DaDaBIK version, browser, operating system, DBMS (e.g. Mysql 5.1.47), Web server (e.g. Apache 2.2.16))

RECOMMENDATION: Include a php file in the install package that can display as much of this info as possible so we can copy and paste it here.

DaDaBIK version: 7.3.1 Enterprise
Browser: Firefox (Latest)
DBMS: Percona MySQL 5.6.28
PHP: 5.3.29
Web Server: Apache 2.4

After trying to see if I can use my old movie table (from an older unknown version of dadabik) and create a new 7.3.1 database from it I ran an install and wound up with this error after I enabled user authentication in config.php

[08] Error: during query execution.

I looked it up in the FAQ of the manual and it only mentioned this point:
  • Admin Section Related > The field renaming feature of the administration page doesn't work as expected

I originally installed dadabik without authentication and it worked fine but as soon as I enabled it in config.php, I opened up the link after the install to view the application and it asked for username password which I used the default and then I got the errors no matter what I entered for username/password.

I noticed that there is no 'normal' user added to the users table in my new dadabik database. Wonder why the install didn't create the 2nd user alfonso and what else wasn't created during installation.

nassausky

OK I figured that problem out. There is a bug in 7.3.1

You can't change the variable $users_table_name in config.php from it's default value

$users_table_name = $prefix_internal_table.'users';

I wanted to give the users table a different name and it gave the above error.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
this known bug:

The field renaming feature of the administration page doesn't work as expected if the renamed field is used in one of the following properties: "Primary key field", "Linked fields", "Order by", "Where clause" in the forms configurator related to any of the tables. In particular, after the renaming, you will get "[08] Error: during query execution" messages from the DaDaBIK front end; you should edit the above properties by hand, renaming the field in the forms configurator.

refers to field renaming for fields you used in the parameters: "Primary key field", "Linked fields", "Order by", "Where clause" in the forms configurator, I don't know if it is your case, did you rename any field? You didn't mention it.

About the users table name, as the config says, you can change it only if you want to use your own (already created, maybe shared with other applications) users table.

Best,

nassausky

I think there might be a slight wording problem. The way you worded the FAQ makes it seem like the bug only affects settings on the front-end Administrator web page.

All I did was change the definition of the variable $users_table_name in config.php from it's default value

to:

$prefix_internal_table.'users_xyz';

so it now looks like this:

$users_table_name = $prefix_internal_table.'users_xyz';

and the field is not used in any keys, linking or ordering, and no custom where clauses. It was a fresh install using a simple straight table with nothing else setup.

As you said the config shouldn't normally have an issue if I want to users table. All I wanted was a different name for the users table that your application automatically generates. Your application doesn't create a users table if I change that $users_table_name variable definition line in the config.php

Did I make sense in my explanation?

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
as I said in the previous post, you can change it only if you want to use your own (already created, maybe shared with other applications) users table. There is no way to change the users table name generated by dadabik, and this is explained in the config.php file.

Of course you can change $prefix_internal_table, which affects the name of all the tables created by dadabik.

About the know limitation, it is a completely different issue, it is related to field names and it happens when you change the field names of your tables (not the dadabik tables).

Best,