Recent content by alpha2zee

1. A

upload images

Most likely this has something to do with improper parameter settin gin config.php. Check that the variables such as site_path etc. are set correctly (look for extra spaces, missing slashes, etc.). There are many posts in these forums on this - such as these. You could have probably found a...
  2. A

dadabik_3.2 install

This means that the PHP installation in its current state doesn't have support for MySQL. Most likely you will have to re-install PHP, compiling with the --with-mysql option. As MySQL client is no longer a part of PHP 5, the package you get from PHP.net will not install PHP with MySQL support...
  3. A

Design of the input form

You will have to modify the 'insert' and 'edit' ('update'?) cases of function build_form in include/business_logic.php. The function takes an array of fields (all the table's fields) as input and builds the form as a two-columned table - the first one for the field label (e.g., 'Address') and...
  4. A

Couple customization questions

If you want that feature to apply for all tables and if all of them have the same field name, you can just use if ($field_name_temp == 'yyy') instead of if ($table_name == 'xxx' and $field_name_temp == 'yyy') If the field names are different in the different tables and/or if you want this...
  5. A

The first - solution - is simple to put in. Just edit that business_logic.php file in a code or simple text editor (not MS Word). It's a long file, so you will have to scroll down to look for those lines of code. I'd suggest putting in the last block of code I have in my first post; instead of...
  6. A

For first point Something like this... Edit build_results_table in include/business_logic.php; specifically, in the 'for' block beginnjing around lines going $results_table .= "</td>"; for ($i=0; $i<$count_temp; $i++){ The cide generates the HTML table cells, filling them with the data from...
  7. A

single select form options

Regarding your first point - for 'chained' selection: unfortunately, no. For the second, it can be done with some code modification. These two posts will be of help. Please post for any help. Credit card validation - reject submission if wrong number One entry per date validation Post...
  8. A

Tutorial Available ?

See http://www.dadabik.org/forum/read.php?f=1&i=8069&t=8069
  9. A

Beginner's Guide to DaDaBik - a Tutorial

A Beginner's Guide to DaDaBik This is a very basic, beginner's tutorial written for DaDaBik version 3.2 and 4.0-alpha, although most points will apply for other versions as well. It should be considered perpetually 'under construction' for error-correction, additions, etc. Contents 1. What is...
  10. A

Solution - Multiple select menu/checkbox

I think this was the cause - if (isset($_POST[$field_name_temp])){ $count_temp_2 = count($$field_name_temp); The double-dollar issue was noted in another of your thread, but we didn't see the missing $_POST as in if (isset($_POST[$field_name_temp])){ $count_temp_2 =...
  11. A

Can you look at the HTML source of the form that you get with the 'insert anyway,' etc., buttons? Are the hidden inputs there with all the selected options?
  12. A

What do you mean by 'duplicate records'? Is it that the problem happens with duplicate-checking enabled and during record insertion after the 'possible duplication warning' phase?
  13. A

Result page column with

Great! Hope this mod gets into DaDaBik!
  14. A

Format text in your posts

Yes, but that will be lost because of formatting. I changed my first post. Thanks for pointing this out.
  15. A

Is that a browser-specific issue?