DaDaBIK v. 4.2
IE7, Firefox 2.0.0.3
Operating system Linux
Kernel version 2.6.9-42.0.10.ELsmp
Machine Type i686
Apache version 1.3.37 (Unix)
PHP version 5.1.6
MySQL version 4.1.21-standard-log

Is there any way to force a URL to wrap or to have the results table fit a page? I've tried messing with all the word wrap settings. All my other columns wrap except the URL column. Tried using some old code I saw on prior posts, but can't seem to get anything to work. Everything else works really well.

Thanks,
Mike

DebbieS

DaDaBIK Guru
AFAIK ... URLs cannot wrap because that would make them not work. If there is a way to make them wrap and still work, I don't know of one.

In my installs that required links, I made the text displayed for the URLs simply 'MORE INFO' which the user could click and be sent to the URL. If you want to go this route, it is in business_logic.php in get_field_correct_displaying function -- also described in detail in the forums somewhere (don't remember name of post right now).

michaelp

Actually, I fiddled around with things and serendipitously did something that allowed URLs to function and wrap in IE7 but not Firefox. I'm not sure what I did. But my final solution was to do what you suggested. I used a substring function to take a piece out of the URL to use as the displayed field. That worked nicely in both browsers.

Thanks for you suggestions.

Mike