What is the correct way to use Font Awesome?

Hello,

I am trying to use Font Awesome on a custom page and the only way I can do it is by adding a line of code to header.php as you can see on images below:

https://imgur.com/a/P7UyqYw

1. The line of code added to header.php
2. The code of my custom page where I added the icon:
3. The result on custom page:

Is there another way where I don't need to edit this file?
Thanks!

Your current DaDaBIK version
You are using DaDaBIK version 11.0-Elba enterprise, installed on 01/07/2021 (installation code: 16736604290a81d173), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 11.0-Elba released on 17/06/2021

You are runnning the latest release of DaDaBIK

In case you want to upgrade to a more powerful edition (from Pro to Enterprise/Platinum, from Enteprise to Platinum) please contact us.

System info
PHP Version: 7.3.28

mysql version: 5.6.41-84.1

Web server: Apache

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/80.0.3987.132 Safari/537.36

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Celson,
Font Awesome is only used to display a few icons in DaDaBIK; you can use it without any additional files but you are probably limited to the icons provided by the (old) version we used. Not sure what is the effect if you also add that JS file.

Best,

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
You should be able to use it as it is documented, without adding anything special. As I said, I guess you were using icons which are not included, for example the icon fa fa-sign-in works.

Best,