Various questions

meanster99

DaDaBIK version 7.0 ENTERPRISE
PHP Version: 5.3.28
mysql version: 5.5.35
Web server: Apache/2.4.10 (Unix)
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0

Hi,

Sorry to put all these questions into one thread but can anyone help me with the following please:

1) How do I change which table is first shown in the grid view when the 'Show all items' link in the main nav menu is clicked?

2) I would like to be able to add custom links on my homepage (the page 'home' from custom pages) that link directly to various filtered records in the grid view. I understand I can just use the same URLs that are generated when I filter my records, but for instance, if my URL is:

index.php?table_name=tbl_staff&function=edit&where_field=staff_ID&where_value=2

How do I change that URL so that the 'where_value=2' bit dynamically becomes the correct value for the logged in user?

3) Can anyone help me or give me pointers on how to add a Year filter that selects from records that contain a date field (e.g. the date field will contain the value 01/01/15 or 01/01/14, but I would like a filter that lets me choose just the Year part, e.g. 2015 or 2014 etc and selects all records from within that year).

4) I wanted to add the current username into the homepage somewhere. I looked at creating a custom PHP page for it and read the example.php, which says that I can add:

$_SESSION['logged_user_infos_ar']["username_user"]

However, when I tried adding it, nothing appeared. I'm a noob when it comes to php, but this is what I wrote and nothing appeared:

[pre]
<?php
echo $_SESSION['logged_user_infos_ar']["username_user"];
[/pre]

What am I doing wrong please? Ideally, I'd like to actually display the values in 'first_name_user' and 'last_name_user', rather than the username itself. How would I do that? Could I just change it to $_SESSION['logged_user_infos_ar']["first_name_user"]["last_name_user"]?

Many thanks, and really loving v7 (I haven't used DadaBik in a few years and the last version I used was v4.3, so v7 is a joy!).

Matt

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
From 4.x to 7.x is quite a big jump :)

Can I ask you to create a different thread for each question, adding a proper title? This helps a lot with tracking and also helps other users to find relevant posts. Thanks.

meanster99

Hi Eugenio,

Yes, I've been watching the DaDaBik progression from the corner of my eye for the last 3 years and kept thinking I should buy the enterprise version. It was your sale offer (and the fact I felt I could possibly customise it enough to work for a project I have) that finally persuaded me to upgrade.

I've split my questions into their own threads. Sorry for not doing it initially.

Thanks,
Matt