Use of DaDaBiK in clinical studies

taubes

Hi Eugenio,

Thanks again for developing and supporting DaDaBik over the years. I started using DaDaBik for small personal projects first but it has now become an indispensable tool for managing professional data. We recently conducted a longitudinal study on SARS-CoV-2 infections. For this we used DaDaBiK as a main self-hosted study database web front-end to manage over 3400 study subjects and currently ca. 40,000 barcoded diagnostic samples. The ability control for correct data entry and to
to easily modify and add parameters to the database and front-end even in production mode was a life saver. It took us less than 3 weeks to get the system up and running and it worked like a charm since. The user permission management allowed us to easily give adequate permissions to maintain privacy while providing relevant data access different study centers, diagnostic laboratories, and staff. The ability to include custom scripts allowed us to quickly generate customized barcodes labels for various purposes and even automate some of the data analysis. If you are interested you find a brief reference to DaDaBik in our study protocol published in BMC Public Health:

Balck, A., B. Foh, M. Borsche, J. Rahmoller, E. J. Vollstedt, F. Waldeck, N. Kading, C. Twesten, A. Mischnik, G. Gillessen-Kaesbach, M. Ehlers, C. Sina, S. Taube, H. Busch, J. Rupp, A. Katalinic and C. Klein (2022). "Protocol of the Luebeck longitudinal investigation of SARS-CoV-2 infection (ELISA) study - a prospective population-based cohort study." BMC Public Health 22(1): 1305. DoI: https://doi.org/10.1186/s12889-022-13666-z

Thanks and keep up the good work in developing, documenting and supporting DaDaBik

Best,

Stefan

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Stefan,
thanks for your kind words of appreciation, I am so glad DaDaBIK has been used for a study on such an important and central topic in public health. I hope it will continue to be helpful in the future!

I will certainly read the paper.

Best,