Upgrade of MySql database created errors in DaDaBik

dmajwool

Hello Eugenio,

I have recently upgraded phpbb on my domain (from 3.0 to 3.3) and DaDaBik is referencing the phpbb database whose schema (field types) may well have been changed. I also needed to move from php 5.6 to php 7.2.
Could either of these changes explain why my DaDabik app now has many lines of errors like these above a normally displayed dadabik form?:-

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /var/sites/s/mydomain.co.uk/public_html/secretarial/include/business_logic.php on line 0

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /var/sites/s/mydomain.co.uk/public_html/secretarial/include/business_logic.php on line 0

On other forms there are similar errors referencing
/secretarial/views/form.php on line 99
/secretarial/views/form.php on line 1165
..above an otherwise functional form.

Is there a simple method for fixing errors like these?

Many thanks for your help.
Stay safe
David.

You are using DaDaBIK version 9.2-Monterosso pro, installed on 12-14-2018 (installation code: 141875c142df44e364), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 10.1-Manarola released on 03-09-2020

You are not running the last release of DaDaBIK, the release you are running might have bugs and security holes, see the official change log for further information. You can upgrade DaDaBIK here.

PHP Version: 7.2.11

mysql version: 5.6.21

Web server: Apache

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:74.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/74.0

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
I don't think it is related to the schema of your DB, I am quite sure it's related to the PHP version, the only thing that I can't explain is that such incompatibility with PHP 7.2 has been fixed in version 9.1 and it seems you have v. 9.2, are you sure the version is correct?

Anyway, I am 99.9% sure that with DaDaBIK 10 you wouldn't get such error.

Best,

dmajwool

Thanks Eugenio,

Running phpinfo.php in my Dadabik folder returns the same 7.2.11 as returned in the DaDaBik info pasted above originally.

What other versions of php are supported by my DaDaBik 9.2 pro? Is it worth asking my host to run a different php version in just this one folder?

Many thanks, David.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
When I said " are you sure the version is correct?" I meant the DaDaBIK version, not the PHP version.

9.2 should support PHP 7.2 while DaDaBIK 9.0 produced exactly the error message you got, that's why I was confused.

Was this a fresh installation or an upgrade?

I would try a fresh installation on a test database to check the DaDaBIK version and see if you have the same problem.

Best,

dmajwool

When I look at
https://mydomain.co.uk/secretarial/admin.php?function=show_about&tablename=view_all_members
I see the information posted at the top of the thread.:-

"You are using DaDaBIK version 9.2-Monterosso pro, installed on 12-14-2018 (installation code: 141875c142df44e364)"

This was a DaDaBik 9.0 installation upgraded to 9.2

I'll try creating a new app. But in order to do so please can you send me a download link. My original link returns
"dadabik_9.2-Monterosso_pro.zip (Not Available)"

Thank you, David.

dmajwool

Hi Eugenio,

I have cleared the problem and my DaDaBik app no longer displays this snow-storm of lines of errors above the working form.

I dug deep through my backups and found that I did have a copy of my install files for DaDaBik so I was able to make a new install in a different directory and then copy all files into the live app's path and all came good.

Thank you for your help with this.
Cheers, David.