Unpleasant Experience with DaDaBIK

J

Jeffrey Morris

Hi,
This is not a gripe. I just wanted to share my experience with the app in hopes of it becoming a better product.

DaDaBIK runs awwwwffffuuuullllyyyy sssllllooooowww on our site.

I had to refresh for install several, several times just to get the admin page, which then timed out half way through. Finally after 4 Mountain Dews and a couple of walks around the building, the entire admin page appeared. We have a rather largely populated database already and the duplication of tables seems not such a good idea.

Anyway, since it kept timing out, I used my trusty phpMyAdmin, dumped the dadabik_2 tables, did a quick replace on the file to drop all but the 'one' table I planned to use with DaDaBIKk, and went back to the index page.

DaDaBIK complained ( No tables installed) a bit but it did see the table and I was able to search, edit, delete and insert records. BUT,, it is god-awfull slow!

I didn't insert any code to report the load time of each page, I ran out of day, but I timed it with a one-thousand-one, one-thousand-two count, and all pages took just under 30 seconds to load. Just enough time to flicker and catch before timing out.

Here is some environment information:

PHP v 4.1.2

Apache
SERVER["SERVER_SOFTWARE"] Apache/1.3.20 (Unix) ApacheJServ/1.1.2 PHP/4.1.2 FrontPage/5.0.2.2510 Rewrit/1.1a
Zend Optimizer

MySQL
Client API version 3.23.21-beta mysql.allow_persistent
On On
mysql.default_host
no value no value
mysql.default_password
no value no value
mysql.default_port
no value no value
mysql.default_socket
no value no value
mysql.default_user
no value no value
mysql.max_links
Unlimited Unlimited
mysql.max_persistent
Unlimited Unlimited

The Table being used had 1345 records as of this writiing.

So that's my tale. I am looking for a good IDE type app to use on several upcoming projects and DaDaBIK caught my eye. It was the easiest to install on my test machine, and understand. But it is just toooooo sloooow!

If anyone has a suggestion I'm all ears.

Peace.

E

Eugenio

Jeffrey Morris wrote:
>
> Hi,
> This is not a gripe. I just wanted to share my experience
> with the app in hopes of it becoming a better product.
>
> DaDaBIK runs awwwwffffuuuullllyyyy sssllllooooowww on our site.

It probably depends on the number of tables you are using? How many they are in the database?

Eugenio.

(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 2.2.1)