Unable to install

Manada

Unable to install this app under Xampp/ Win10.
The error I have is:
"Hmmm… can't reach this page" when pointing the browser either to index.php, or install.php

Ion Cube loader is installed.

Adam T>

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
please add all the info as requested.

The error is very vague, maybe there are some additional details? It could be just a wrong URL.

Can you post a screenshot of the install.php page where we can see the address (URL)?

Manada

I am sorry for such of short description of the problem. I think the problem is "cube loader". I finally managed to open install page, however still have the error, this time Cube Loader one.
The dll file has been placed in the ..php/ext/ folder,
The php.ini has been modified to point to the file:

zend_extension = "C:\xampp2\php\ext\ioncube_loader_win_8.1.dll"

Capture.PNG

Manada

am not really sure what version of the Cube Loader should I Install: 64bit? , nonTS? 32Bit? I use Win10, 64Bit, XAMPP 3.3.0

Capture2.PNG

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
which DaDaBIK version are you using?
When I said please add all the info as requested I mean all the info requested by the support forum post thread page.

For some reason it seems ioncube has not been correctly installed. Did you restart your web server? Are you sure you are editing the right php.ini? If you are not familiar with extensions installation you should try the loader wizard first, not the manual install (https://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php), unless you already did it.

Finally, you could create a phpinfo page (a PHP page containing only a phpinfo(); line), put it in the dadabik folder, run it, and see ioncube is installed from there. If not, check the info about php.ini in the page, to see if you are editing the right file.

Best,

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Unless you didn't install dadabik under localhost/ioncube (which I doubt), you should do the phpinfo test I mentioned before to be sure that ioncube is installed for the PHP version DaDaBIK is using. Then delete the phpinfo file.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Can you post a screenshot of the install.php page where we can see the address (URL)? And the same for the phpinfo page?

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
I am lost. You posted a working install.php but now it seems you get "can't reaach ..." ?

Are the dadabik files under /datacenter or under /dev ?

Also, the phpinfo page seems to be not in the dadabik folder (it's in the web root, localhost while dadabik seems in localhost/datacenter or localhost/dev? ).

Please double check all the suggestions provided in this thread to debug your installation issue.

Best,

Manada

My apologies,
Just FYI, Originally I have unpacked the Dadabik in a "datacenter" folder, then, tried to do something else, into "dev" dir.
Php info shows proper info from both my working directories. However in both I am NOT able to open installer. Even though the installer page popuped up at some point, (sceenshot .. up) .. not anymore. I really don't know why.

Just for the sanity I am going to attach the URL from the php.info page, however that part always works, also php info shows ioncube loader info.

8.PNG

Attachments

• 9.PNG
    9.PNG
    15.5 KB · Views: 0

Manada

My believing is that the problem lays within ioncube loader either: version, installation, both or else. (XAMPP?)
AT

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
No, install.php doesn't use ioncube (the proof is that at some point it run and ioncube was not installed).

If you run localhost/datacenter/install.php and the install page doesn't pop up, 99.9% it's because the install.php file is just not there.

Manada

I am sorry, it was indeed missing in datacenter.
I am too tired to continue this. I will get back to this tomorrow. Thank you for your help.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
My suggestion is to start a fresh installation in a new folder using the original package without any modification (except from config_custom.php).

Manada

I started fresh. New Xampp installation, new config, and can't start even the installation. when I point to install.php, my browser turns to https and then displays .... "I can't reach this page .
There are no errors in the Apache error.log.
Any of you guys have anything thing similar what I am experiencing? Any of you used Dadabik under Windows Lamp stack?

Still I can't understand what I am doing wrong.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Did you edit the file config.php? If yes, you shouldn't.

Can you paste here the content of your config_custom.php file? Please remove any passwords, secret keys and sensible info first, so for example

$pass = 'mystrongpassword';

should become

$pass = '';