Tooltip for other field types

ryno

Good day

Is it possible to get Tooltips for other fields other than Text fields and File fields? I see these fields only have Hinds available.

The problem is, that when I configure a Hint and I have one filed that is much longer, say width of 60 for example, then the Hinds are shifted all the way to the right and depending on the width of your browser, most of the time compressed into a couple of lines.

Or is there a way to show the Hints in the first column next the insert field so that it does not get shifted all the way to the right?

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
do you mean tooltips or hints? All the field types have hints, tooltips are for text textarea generic_file and image_file.

Can you post a screenshot in order to understand better your problem?

Best,

ryno

Hi Eugenio

Thanks for the reply. I am looking for tooltips on the other fields.

I saw that there is Hints available on all the fields, but tooltips only on some of them.

I do not mind to use hinds, but I have an issue with them if you have an wider field in your form, see attached screenshot.

The tooltip is always showed next to the field it is linked to, see the one next to Latitude, but the hint is shitted against the right-hand margin if you have a wider field like Street in the example image.

That is why I asked if there is a way to get tooltips on other fields like select_single fields. I would like to use tooltips for them as well, but if I can get hinds to display better and closer to the field, Province in the example, that will be fine as well.

I hope this makes sense.

DaDaBIK Sites showing Hints to left.JPG

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Ryno,
ok, I understand now. We are aware of the behaviour of hints and we'll try to improve it and/or add tooltips for select_single in the next release; this was the best compromise to keep the form 100% responsive.

At the moment, a workaround is to add an additional separator: every time you add a separator you should be able to "reset" the position of the hint; another workaround of course is to decrease the length of street (maybe you don't need it that long).

Best,

ryno

Hi Eugenio

Thanks for the reply. I will then work around this behaviour. I hope you can get the tooltips for select_single working. I would prefer the tooltips option.

Thanks for the great software. I am learning PHP now and always wanted to, but never got around to it.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
You are welcome!
There is a technical reason why tooltips are not implemented for select_single but we are trying to fix it.

Best,