Sub Table Problem

AndyB

You are using DaDaBIK version 8.0-Lerici enterprise, installed on 07-09-2017 (installation code: 11575579b643f1b03e), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 8.0-Lerici released on 04-24-2017

You are runnning the last release of DaDaBIK
PHP Version: 7.0.20
mysql version: 5.6.36-82.0-log
Web server: Apache
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.12; rv:53.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/53.0

Eugenio,

I have been runnig my version 7 of Dadabik up to now as i have not been able to find time to upgrade to 8.
However due to problems with my hosting provider i have been forced to move platform this weekend and i thought i might as well do the upgrade at the same time.
Anyway in the old version i had a problem with file attachments in a sub table.
I thought this might be fixed in the new version but it still errors.

The primary table is linked by RecordID to a sub table which has only 3 fields, a unique ID, the RecordID and a file attachment.
I do not want the sub table visible in the tables list so have set Read permission to No.
When i call up the main record it shows the sub record which i can go into but i cannot click on the file to see it.
The error is
[05] Error: you are attemping to manage a not allowed table.

As Admin i can view the file but i do not want users to do anything more than view it through the primary / sub record, ie not through the tables list.

Any ideas on the error?

Thanks

Andy

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Andy,
it is definitely a bug/limitation, the same reported here:
https://dadabik.com/forum/read.php?1,19125,19133#msg-19133
when you remove read permissions, you cannot see images. We are trying to find an easy solution to the problem.

Thanks for having reported it.

Best,

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
the problem has been fixed, however it is not a trivial patch as I guessed; we'll release the fix together with v 8.1

Best,

AndyB

Eugenio,

Thank you, i look forward ot this fix as it is stopping people being able to use this part of my database at present.

Thanks