Strange error after moving from MAMP to WAMP

Hi
I am developing a system to track innovation projects in our hospital. I originally developed the system on my laptop using MAMP. I then transferred the system to a Trust server running WAMP. Since moving to the server I have got an error which suggests DADABIK can't find some of the tables on my database when I login as admin to configure the system.
For example, when adding a new organisation I want to select a country from a drop down list which is driven by the Country table in my database (primary key, country name, currency etc.). When I try to edit this drop down list in the Forms Configurator I am getting the error on the first screenshot below and I can't select the Country table in the Look up table name field (see second screenshot).
However when a default user tries to select a country from the drop down list in my main application, the list of countries appears (see third screenshot).
This has only started happening since transferring from MAMP to WAMP. I've done a bit of googling which suggests it might be a cache issue on my server but I don't know how to fix this.
Any suggestions?

Your current DaDaBIK version​

You are using DaDaBIK version 11.6-Elba pro, installed on 07-05-2022 (installation code: 178066228c557cae36), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 11.7-Elba released on 08-18-2022

You are not running the last release of DaDaBIK, the release you are running might have bugs and security holes, see the official change log for further information. You can upgrade DaDaBIK here.

In case you want to upgrade to a more powerful edition (from Pro to Enterprise/Platinum, from Enteprise to Platinum) please contact us.

System info​

PHP Version: 7.4.26

mysql version: 5.7.36

Web server: Apache/2.4.51 (Win64) PHP/7.4.26

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/106.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

URL installation: http://localhost:81/Dadabik/

Attachments

• Form 1.png
    Form 1.png
    218.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Form 2.png
    Form 2.png
    184.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Form 3.png
    Form 3.png
    108.6 KB · Views: 2
I seem to have fixed the problem by installing but not enabling the Country table in the pages section
I am very confused, as I don't think I had the Country table installed in the previous MAMP version
I am having identical issues with other drop down lists - eg Project Managers that selects from a Project_Managers table. Currently my default users can select from a Project Managers drop down list but the Project_Managers table is not installed or enabled.

1) What is the different between installing and enabling a table?
2) Does a table have to be installed to enable it to drive a drop-down list?

Could it be something to do with this?
I currently have $form_config_security_check =0

It looks like setting $form_config_security_check =1 and installing and enabling all tables that I want to use for drop-down lists has fixed this.
When I did my original development on my laptop (using MAMP) I must have set $form_config_security_check =0.
Is this possible - if I have $form_config_security_check =0 can I use tables in my database as sources for drop-down lists without having installed and enabled them on Dadabik.
Would still like to know what the difference between installed and enabled is.
Thanks

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
mamp vs wamp cannot make any difference, they are just collection of other software + an admin layer on the top of them.
However, they may be shipped with different PHP versions, php.ini settings, MySQL versions ... and this can make the difference but in your case, I don't think the problem is related.

Let's try to summarize what happens with the country field because I am a bit lost:
- if countries is installed and enabled everything works fine
- if countries is installed and not enabled you got that error in form config but then it works in the app
is this correct? How $form_config_security_check = 0/1 affects the above?

Best,

Hi
For my first version (on the laptop) countries was not installed or enabled but I could still use the table to generate a drop down list.
$form_config_security_check was set to 0
Thanks