Strange Annoying Problem

S

Sam

Its a strange little bug which just pops up occasionally.

When a search brings up a large number of results and you click on the page numbers it gives the error no results found, now i don't know what could be causing this, im a user not a programer, so i was wondering if anyone else has had this and if theres a way of fixing it.

I'm using the new 2.1beta, only downloaded it yesterday, so i could upgrade all my databases using it. I've done a work round by displaying more results per page but its just one of those small irritating things that plays on your mind, like that nagging feeling you've forgotten something when you walk out of the door.

Any input/fixes appreciated.

Sam

M

mark

I have the same problem; it seems with some letter combinations the search is all right for the first page but the second and following pages are not displayed. (in debugging mode i can see the program cuts some characters from the word)

i search for (like) bakker

first page:
select * from `archief` where `omschrijving` like '%bakker%' limit 0 , 20
second page (and further):
select * from `archief` where `omschrijving` like 'ºkker%' limit 20 , 20

hope someone can help!

Regards,

Mark

E

Eugenio

mark wrote:
>
> I have the same problem; it seems with some letter
> combinations the search is all right for the first page but
> the second and following pages are not displayed. (in
> debugging mode i can see the program cuts some characters
> from the word)

Mark, Sam,
could you post the dump of your table? (just a sample that display the error is ok).

Eugenio.

(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 2.1b beta)

M

Marcelino Vallejo

Eugenio: You did a great job whith DaDaBIK. Congratulations & thanks a lot.

I have similar problem. With a varchar(15) field that I use for storing IP numbers, I have got the same truble:

First page is ok:
Your SQL query (for debugging purpose): select * from `rr_hosts` where `rr_ip` like '%10.10%' limit 0 , 10

Second and subsequenet pages:
Your SQL query (for debugging purpose): select * from `rr_hosts` where `rr_ip` like '.10%' limit 10 , 10
No se encontraron registos. (I am using Spanish)

Another example from the same table:
Your SQL query (for debugging purpose): select * from `rr_hosts` where `rr_ip` like '%172.16.100%' limit 0 , 10

Your SQL query (for debugging purpose): select * from `rr_hosts` where `rr_ip` like '2.16.100%' limit 100 , 10
No se encontraron registos.

Seems that in some point, the first % wint de first 2 chars. are being replaced by something.

The same problem does occurr in another table with the same field definition an kind of data.

Hope this help to resolve the problem.
Rgds.

E

Eugenio

Marcelino Vallejo wrote:
>
> Eugenio: You did a great job whith DaDaBIK. Congratulations &
> thanks a lot.
>
> I have similar problem. With a varchar(15) field that I use
> for storing IP numbers, I have got the same truble:

[......]

Hi all,
I've fixed the bug and will make the fix available in the new release of DaDaBIK.

Eugenio.

(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 2.1b beta)

M

mark

Eugenio,

I installed dadabik 2.2 but it seems the error is still there. Still the same error.
If search with a space before the word, dadabik can find all entries.

Regards,

Marco Nan

M

mark

Eugenio, i think you fixed it!

Thanks a million and keep up the good work!

Thanks,

Mark