Step 2/4 not working on upgrade from 11.12 to 12.0

ChrisG

Step 1/4 showed everything OK and green. Step 2/4 is not working on upgrade from 11.12 to 12.0. When I click the "CONTINUE" button, nothing happens. I see no load animation or anything suggesting something is happening. No error messages are displayed. I have also checked the server logs and do not see any indication of what the problem might be?

Screenshot 2024-05-09 145132.png

Last edited:

Sooty57

All the lines have been removed. I have even restored the database (dadabik tables only) and all web files before trying again, but still error message as soon as up2.php runs.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, you didn't mention the error messages.
Let's move the discussion to this thread, since the problem seems the same.

As mentioned in that other thread, you could try to do a fresh blank installation of 11.12, using the original files only (only editing config_custom.php), and then try to upgrade it to 12, to check if also in this case you get the errors.

ChrisG

Hello,
did you modify custom_functions.php as the previous steps ask to do?
Step 1/4 did not ask me to modify custom_functions.php. Where in the documentation is that? I read through the documentation and watched your Youtube video too.

I have not previously made "any" changes to that file.

As you suggested, I deleted all of those lines and ran the upgrade again.

It still did not work and it still did not give any kind of error message. I have always done the manual upgrade. Maybe it would be simpler to continue that route.

Screenshot 2024-05-13 104339.png

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
It's in step 3/4.
I can't replicate this issue, I guess that from the web server logs, you should ad least see the call to the up2.php file and what happens when you click "continue".
If you can setup a test upgrade, send the URL to support@dadabik.com

best,

ChrisG

I'm not seeing any errors about this in the Apache or PHP error logs.

When I click the "Continue" button... absolutely nothing happens. It is almost as if the button is not working. I see no activity, no movement, and nothing happens.

I will try to set another instance if I have an opportunity later today. I would really like the process to work so that I do not have to continue with the manual upgrades.

Thank you for your reply.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
@ChrisG which browser, version and operating system are you using? Were your Content Security Policy set as by default or did you change something? I would like to check if other users could face the same problem. Thanks.

ChrisG

@ChrisG which browser, version and operating system are you using? Were your Content Security Policy set as by default or did you change something? I would like to check if other users could face the same problem. Thanks.
I have a Content Security Policy set on my Apache webserver... unrelated to the browser. When you mentioned "browser console" in a previous reply, it reminded me that I had used the browser console when originally setting up those policies to see what I needed to unblock from server-side. I simply need to add the jquery.com URL to my script-src directive.

In any case, I am using the Chrome browser Version 124.0.6367.203 and Windows 11 Pro.

System info​

PHP Version: 8.2.19

mysql version: 10.9.8-MariaDB

Web server: Apache/2.4.57 (Rocky Linux) OpenSSL/3.0.7 mod_fcgid/2.3.9

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/124.0.0.0 Safari/537.36