dadabik_12.0-Aveto_enterprise upgrade

Chickenman26

Have followed regular proceedur for upgrade of dadabik 11 rto 12. Ran up.php and uploaded new dadabik_12.0-Aveto_enterprise "dadabik_12.0-Aveto_enterprise.zip". into folder created "upgrades_663cbb50037db" and hit "continue" - where everything froze and I got the following warnings and no progress with the upgrade

Capto_Capture 2024-05-09_08-06-53_AM.png

Chickenman26

Tried removing spaces after last config setting in the config_custom.php file ---- no change - still the same warnings at same point.

I have not changed the config_custom.php file for a few years - and updated the newest versions of DaDaBik without incident - just with this update have I had any problem with the process

Sooty57

Same problem here.

Support also said .....
Are you sure you followed the instructions in up/up2, *including removing the part of custom_functions.php that is not compatibile with V 12?
I cannot find any reference to the part of custom_functions.php in up.php, up2.php or the upgrade section of docs.htm. Went back to support for clarification but, so far, no response.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Just to clarify: the message above should appear after the step 2/4

About the session error you got, this, as @deep64blue said, normally happens if you have added any additional blank lines or character in one or more files. Are you sure you did not change anything apart from config_custom.php?

Maybe you could try to do a fresh blank installation of 11.12, using the original files, and then try to upgrade it to 12, to check if also in this case you get the errors.

deep64blue

DaDaBIK Guru
I can confirm I have succesfully done a test upgrade of an application from v11.12 to v12.0, I had 2 issues during the upgrade and both were clearly explained and easy to fix. I also used the new export facility to migrate the v12 App from my laptop to the server.

(y)

Chickenman26

tried another insstance of dadabik - removed the code (as suggested above) in the custom_functions..php file - went through up.php OK - but had the same warnings when I progressed to up2.php - (as shown in my original post) - but I went ahead and uploaded the Dadabik 12 zip file to the folder and then his the continue botton and got the following I'll try another day to do a clean install of 11.12 and try to update process to 12.

1715361074540.png

Sooty57

I paste here the relevant part in up2.php that you see when you run it

View attachment 373
I do not get this message on screen, but following your post I removed the relevant lines of code. I also reverted to an earlier backup of the database and web files before running up.php, but still no luck.
If I do afresh install of 11.2 first, will I lose all of the user permissions, form configurations etc., and have to start creating the dadabik application all over again?

deep64blue

DaDaBIK Guru
If I do afresh install of 11.2 first, will I lose all of the user permissions, form configurations etc., and have to start creating the dadabik application all over again?
I would try with a test database, just one or two tables - do an install of 11.2 then try the upgrade to v12. If this works then we know your hosting environment is ok and can proceed from there.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
I do not get this message on screen, but following your post I removed the relevant lines of code. I also reverted to an earlier backup of the database and web files before running up.php, but still no luck.
I am asking you to do this test to understand where the problem could be.
Also, if you don't mention the error message you get and when exactly it appears, it is hard to help.

Sooty57

I am asking you to do this test to understand where the problem could be.
Also, if you don't mention the error message you get and when exactly it appears, it is hard to help.
I am happy to do. the test. I don't mention the error message because I do not get one, other than the simple generic one in the pink box. I pay a monthly subscription and sent screen grabs and also contents of the error log to support dept, but came on the forum because I stopped receiving response to my queries this matter.
I will do a new install to test if I can (not sure if this will be permissible with the monthly subscription version).

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
I am happy to do. the test. I don't mention the error message because I do not get one, other than the simple generic one in the pink box. I pay a monthly subscription and sent screen grabs and also contents of the error log to support dept, but came on the forum because I stopped receiving response to my queries this matter.
I will do a new install to test if I can (not sure if this will be permissible with the monthly subscription version).
Hello,
you have received reply to your email support request. You then did not reply back.

If you don't see error messages, it's probably because your server is configured not to show them, please check in the error logs of your hosting.

Testing is allowed, with the monthly subscription or with any other license type, I am not sure what you mean.

Best,

Sooty57

Hello,
you have received reply to your email support request. You then did not reply back.

After your initial response I asked a further question, for which I did not receive a reply.
Obviously just a simple misunderstanding between us.
I will do the test and report back:)

Sooty57

Did a completely new install of 11.2 with a fresh database. Still exactly the same problem when trying to automatically upgrade to v12.0 :(

error.log contains the following:
[11-May-2024 11:47:03 Europe/London] PHP Warning: session_name(): Session name cannot be changed after headers have already been sent in /home/acuadmin/public_html/dadabik_test/up2.php on line 0
[11-May-2024 11:47:03 Europe/London] PHP Warning: ini_set(): Session ini settings cannot be changed after headers have already been sent in /home/acuadmin/public_html/dadabik_test/up2.php on line 0
[11-May-2024 11:47:03 Europe/London] PHP Warning: session_set_cookie_params(): Session cookie parameters cannot be changed after headers have already been sent in /home/acuadmin/public_html/dadabik_test/up2.php on line 0
[11-May-2024 11:47:03 Europe/London] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/acuadmin/public_html/dadabik_test/up2.php:0) in /home/acuadmin/public_html/dadabik_test/up2.php on line 0
[11-May-2024 11:47:03 Europe/London] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/acuadmin/public_html/dadabik_test/up2.php:0) in /home/acuadmin/public_html/dadabik_test/up2.php on line 0
[11-May-2024 11:47:03 Europe/London] PHP Warning: session_start(): Session cannot be started after headers have already been sent in /home/acuadmin/public_html/dadabik_test/up2.php on line 0
[11-May-2024 11:48:23 Europe/London] PHP Warning: session_name(): Session name cannot be changed after headers have already been sent in /home/acuadmin/public_html/dadabik_test/up2.php on line 0
[11-May-2024 11:48:23 Europe/London] PHP Warning: ini_set(): Session ini settings cannot be changed after headers have already been sent in /home/acuadmin/public_html/dadabik_test/up2.php on line 0
[11-May-2024 11:48:23 Europe/London] PHP Warning: session_set_cookie_params(): Session cookie parameters cannot be changed after headers have already been sent in /home/acuadmin/public_html/dadabik_test/up2.php on line 0
[11-May-2024 11:48:23 Europe/London] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/acuadmin/public_html/dadabik_test/up2.php:0) in /home/acuadmin/public_html/dadabik_test/up2.php on line 0
[11-May-2024 11:48:23 Europe/London] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/acuadmin/public_html/dadabik_test/up2.php:0) in /home/acuadmin/public_html/dadabik_test/up2.php on line 0
[11-May-2024 11:48:23 Europe/London] PHP Warning: session_start(): Session cannot be started after headers have already been sent in /home/acuadmin/public_html/dadabik_test/up2.php on line 0
[11-May-2024 11:48:23 Europe/London] PHP Warning: Undefined variable $upgrades_folder in /home/acuadmin/public_html/dadabik_test/up2.php on line 0
[11-May-2024 11:48:23 Europe/London] PHP Deprecated: opendir(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($directory) of type string is deprecated in /home/acuadmin/public_html/dadabik_test/up2.php on line 0
[11-May-2024 11:48:23 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: readdir(): Argument #1 ($dir_handle) must be of type resource or null, bool given in /home/acuadmin/public_html/dadabik_test/up2.php:0
Stack trace:
#0 /home/acuadmin/public_html/dadabik_test/up2.php(0): readdir(false)
#1 {main}
thrown in /home/acuadmin/public_html/dadabik_test/up2.php on line 0

Can I use a manual upgrade procedure?

Chickenman26

Good morning. Did fresh install of v11.12 (Images 1-3 below) and then ran through the process for upgrade to v12. Same results as previously
(imaages 4-6 below). Not sure how to proceed to upgrade existing instances of dadabik to v12. The process had worked in the past over several v11.xx upgrades.

Attachments

• Capto_Capture1.png
    Capto_Capture1.png
    422 KB · Views: 6
  • Capto_Capture2.png
    Capto_Capture2.png
    341.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Capto_Capture3.png
    Capto_Capture3.png
    320.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Capto_Capture4.png
    Capto_Capture4.png
    111.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Capto_Capture5.png
    Capto_Capture5.png
    243.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Capto_Capture6.png
    Capto_Capture6.png
    255.9 KB · Views: 6

Chickenman26

also - the v12 install.php works fine to install this new version on an existing database - and it does look good. I used the same config_custom.php file without any problems with the warnings previously appearing during the upgrade process.