showing bottom_menu selection

jake66

Hi,
There are lots of really useful articles on here about adding extra pages/changing the homepage etc. (thanks DebbieS!) which I have followed, but I seem to be struggling with the white highlight around the selected page menu button. How can I make a certain custom menu button highlighted when I am on my custom page (which is a different page, not part of index.php).

jake66

Hi Debbie,
Thanks for your reply. Sorry, I don't really understand what you would like from me. I am just using DadaBik 4.4 and the changes to the styles are only a colour change and logo change to match the brand. I would just like to know how (and where) the white colour top show which part of index.php comes from and how to mimic it for my custom button.
14cbmsm.png

Please do let me know if I have misunderstood you and you would like anything else.
Thanks, Jake

DebbieS

DaDaBIK Guru
When you have the page open, right-click and select view source (or view page source). Look for Show All (or whichever item is currently highlighted) and note the class name being applied. Then look for that class name in the stylesheets to copy the styling OR use that class name on your custom button.

Sorry, without seeing the code you are hoping to modify, it is difficult to provide more definitive answers.

All the styles are set in the stylesheets and which ones are used (if they are dependent on current page status or specific page) are in the php files.

For the screenshot you provided, the code for that is in header.php.