Separator before (label) for master/details view?

larryk

on an edit form, whenever you use the "Separator before this field (edit form):" option,
it displays the label with nice separation line, label, etc.

CAN the same style/separation label be used a master/detail?

I would like to add style or do something to the detail table name when a master detail grid is used.

any thoughts on how to do that?

thanks

You are using DaDaBIK version 8.0-Lerici enterprise, installed on 06-17-2017, the latest version of DaDaBIK is 8.0-Lerici released on 04-24-2017

You are runnning the last release of DaDaBIK

PHP Version: 7.0.20

mysql version: 5.5.52-MariaDB

Web server: nginx/1.11.10

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_12_5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/59.0.3071.115 Safari/537.36

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
I don't understand the question, where exactly would you like to put the separators?

Separators work in edit/insert/search forms and in details page, if the form is part of a master/details view it doesn't matter, it still works.

Best,

larryk

see image :)

mast-detail.jpg

maybe in the style .css , you have the default look, but it could be customized?
I looked at the current style and it is not currently labeled as anything, so right now, you can't add any css for it?

thanks

PS. this is another situation where, technically, the code is being done, but not in this specific situation.
I really wish the customization can be done at a case by case situation, if one wanted too... OR just left by default when the app doesn't need it :)

I realize DadaBIK has many options and it takes time to "add" lots of detailed switches/configs/etc for every little part of the app, but for people like me --- i really want/need these little things :)

==> as the more clients/apps I build, there are simple things/edits that I have to tell the client --- oh, it can't do that :(

PS. I did learn yesterday that you can add custom, "page level" customizations in the language_custom.php files :)
stuff like that is very nice!!!!

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
You can't customize the part you highlighted without changing the code. We can think about adding a custom title/html but honestly I can't think about anything else you need to customize there, it is just a button :)

larryk

grin... it's not really the button, BUT think of the "whole section".... like a "Contact" section... if there was a way to draw attention to the section.

Basically, the SAME concept as the 'separator before label"... IF that could happen like on the form configurator, but for master/detail section

make sense?

better example:

on the Form Configurator, you have the Master/details view section.

AND on the Separator before this field, if that field was for each added Master/detail view, that would be awesome!!!

Stephan-H

I found a solution/workaround (DaDaBIK version 11.12-Elba enterprise):

To insert separators with the details table name directly above each master/details section, add the following code to custom_functions.js:
JavaScript:
$(document).ready(function() {
    /* insert a separator above each master/details section */
    $('.title_items_master_details').each(function() {
        // Create a new div element and set its text content to the span's text
        var newDiv = $('<div class="form_separator">' + $(this).text() + '</div>');
        // Insert the new div just before the current span element
        $(this).before(newDiv);
    });
});