Search Numeric fields

Have 3 numeric fields in a table tKFAKT. They are INT(6) in the DB In Dadabik Field type is Text and Content type is numeric. Allowed search parameters are: is_equal/greater_than/less_then

All 3 fields are present in Quich Search and normal Search.

The Search works for the field 'Placering' (which contains NULL, 1, 2 or 3) but NOT for the fields 'Første årstal' and 'Sidste årstal'. These two fields contains NULL or a year in the form YYYY.

Any Idea what might cause this problem ?

You are using DaDaBIK version 7.0 PRO, installed on 11-22-2015, the last version of DaDaBIK is 7.0 released on 10-05-2015

You are runnning the last release of DaDaBIK

PHP Version: 5.5.29

mysql version: 5.5.44-MariaDB-log

Web server: Apache

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/46.0.2490.86 Safari/537.36

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Can we see an example? When you say it doesn't work what do you mean exactly, any error?

Eugenio you have allready the URL for the system.
Login and have a look at the part with the pictures.
In Quick search you have the fields I mentioned.
When I enter a value in 'Placering' (say 2) and press 'Hurtig søgning' the value stays in the fields and the system selects the correct items.
Then clear search criteria

When I then enter a value in 'Første år' (say 1895) and press 'Hurtig søgning' Dadabik clears the field and it does not select those items with first year = 1895. All values are displayed.

The same happens if you enter 'Search mode'

Seems to have something to do with my naming convention for the fields in the DB. I will change a couple of field names and then report back if that solved the problem.

Yes the problem was that I had national characters or blanks in the field names.
Have renamed 4 field names and now it works as it should.

I found out by issuing the same SELECT statement directly to MYSQL.
MYSQL returned an error message indicating what the problem was.

Dadabik did not give any messages at all. It just refreshed the screen.

So a question: How does Dadabik handle error situation coming from the outside ?

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
If the query is the same, the result (including the error) must be the same, if it is different it means you are executing two different queries or you haven't enabled debug in config.php.