Search Conditions

AndyB

You are using DaDaBIK version 8.0-Lerici enterprise, installed on 07-09-2017 (installation code: 11575579b643f1b03e), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 8.0-Lerici released on 04-24-2017

You are runnning the last release of DaDaBIK
PHP Version: 7.0.21
mysql version: 5.6.36-82.0-log
Web server: Apache
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:53.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/53.0

Is it possible to set the order or a default for the search conditions?
We are using "Contains" as our search criteria most of the time and it would be easier if this was the default.
Thanks.

tpassett

Hi, Andy.

You can do this quite easily in the Forms Configurator. Look for "(*) Search operators: " in the "Insert, Update, Search parameters" section.

The order is adjustable. Just be sure to use the correct DaDaBik operator names separated by "/" (no leading or trailing "/").

The first operator is the default.

Also, clicking on the ? for guidance to ensure your operator lists are compatible with your field type.

Easy thing to do!

AndyB

Eugenio,

Thank you , I had not realised it was that simple.

I see that there are some search terms which do not work for select single fields etc, is there a list of this somewhere?

Thank you.

Andy

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Andy,
I did not answer to your question, tpassett did :D

The list of compatible search operators are in the in-line help, as tpassett suggested.

Best,

tpassett

I am honored to be mistaken for Eugenio. :)-D

Eugenio, your diligent support is awesome!!! I just enjoy the spirit of user community support. I have found many answers (mainly from you) from several users of the forums. Keep up the great work. DaDaBik is an awesome powerful tool for front-end development. Your team fast-tracked my application development by months. I hope to give back some love to your team and other users by paying forward.

Cheers!

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
tpassett, thanks a lot for your nice words! :) I am glad that DaDaBIK worked well for you !