root user not created on install

karen

Update: I have managed to implement the above, with the login working, I can get the login to go to a custom landing page, however if I change the landing page to /index.php?function=show_static_page&id_static_page=1, it redirects to the dadabik login page, is this the way it should be or does this mean my custom login is not working properly?

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Eugenio, thanks for the response.
I was just thinking - because dadabik users table has more fields, and it is better for handling adding users, would it be better in my case to do a clean install of dadabik, letting it create the users table, and then edit the users table code on my other app to match dadabik? If this is the case, which fields should I use in my other app login form? Also my other app uses bcrypt for passwords, but no problem there I can change the code on the general functions to use bcrypt.
If you change the other app to use the dadabik's table for login purposes it can work but I don't understand your question about which fields to use, I guess you just need username and password but it depends on the other app needs.
With DaDaBIK platinum you can also verify the login from another app using HTTP APIs.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Update: I have managed to implement the above, with the login working, I can get the login to go to a custom landing page, however if I change the landing page to /index.php?function=show_static_page&id_static_page=1, it redirects to the dadabik login page, is this the way it should be or does this mean my custom login is not working properly?
I think I didn't understand what you are trying to achieve. Are you referring to the other app here? If yes, why you are redirecting to a DaDaBIK URL?
If you are logged in in the other app, this doesn't mean you are automatically login in DaDaBIK as well.

karen

I think I didn't understand what you are trying to achieve. Are you referring to the other app here? If yes, why you are redirecting to a DaDaBIK URL?
If you are logged in in the other app, this doesn't mean you are automatically login in DaDaBIK as well.
Hi Eugenio, in the other app I will be displaying the information from Dadabik, the embedded views, and I remember you said if I made a custom php page, it would show my page but not the embedded information if the user wasn't logged in, so I was just testing that. So if I understand correctly, in my own app, if I log in, using my "hybrid" customers table, on my custom page, the embedded view data will require users to log in again via Dadabik?

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
It seems to me a very different use case respect to the one you started this thread with, but yes, users need to be logged in DaDaBIK.

karen

Hi Eugenio, thanks, yes I guess it's been changing as I'm trying to find ways to make it work as I'm required to. I'll have to think about the best way to approach having a custom website that users need to log into, and also to feature the views from Dadabik. My purpose was to avoid users having to log in twice, but it seems like this is not possible for the use I require.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
If the other application is made with Wordpress, there is a builtin feature to achieve that (you log in in WP and then you are automatically logged in in DaDaBIK), otherwise you have to build your own solution sharing sessions or you can use DaDaBIK HTTP API to login and get DaDaBIK data from another app (but you only get the data, not the layout table).