Registration Form Submit Email

straycat

I am using dadabik as an online registration form. The form requests an email be submitted. I would like to send a copy of the registration form to the person entering the information and submitting. Is this possible?

JP

I had a similar situation and resolved it by using a form that did the emailing (CoffeCup Web Form Builder) and not the back end database program (DaDaBIK in this case). Both programs work well together. Using both of with them I made a monthly fleet vehicle report web page that allows the driver to submit his/her monthly report (which is emailed to the driver) it also allows for the driver or manager to search for current or past reports in the DaDaBIK database for trending data and cost analysis.

DebbieS

DaDaBIK Guru
Sorry for the delay ... I'm using the email functions in DaDaBIK on a couple of my installs ... I'll check them more closely at work tomorrow and give you some details.

DebbieS

DaDaBIK Guru
Oh dang ... I completely forgot ... sorry.
I looked at my local copy here and the mail function variables have hard-coded email addresses in there. So I looked at index.php where the mailing happens and I added some code to get the last record inserted and from that grab the email address entered by the person completing the form.

index.php on or about line 337 (added the code in bold just above the existing
[pre]
// execute the select query
$orig_details = execute_db($sql, $conn);
$row = fetch_row_db ($orig_details);
$emailcc = $row['Email'];
$insert_notice_email_cc_recipients_ar[1] = $emailcc;
$insert_notice_email_from_recipients_ar[1] = $emailcc;
$ntwktype = $row['Network'];

$res_details = execute_db($sql, $conn);
[/pre]

I've already set a insert_notice_email *recipients_ar[0] in my config.php so I set this one to [1].

For some of my more complex forms that have been requested, I use a script called Phorm to handle the complexities and mailing and stuff. In some cases it may be easier to build the custom form and then write the database insert code into that.