Record Duplicate

AndyB

You are using DaDaBIK version 8.0-Lerici enterprise, installed on 07-09-2017, the latest version of DaDaBIK is 9.2.1-Monterosso released on 12-19-2018

You are not running the last release of DaDaBIK, the release you are running might have bugs and security holes, see the official change log for further information. You can upgrade DaDaBIK here.

PHP Version: 7.0.33

mysql version: 5.6.40-84.0-log

Web server: Apache

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.13; rv:64.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/64.0

I am just about to upgrade my database to the latest version but have noticed a problem which i would like to fix beforehand or find out if it is a known issue which the latest version fixes.
I have a couple of records in my database, one which i added recently which show up in dadabik twice in the grid view but looking at the SQL database itself it is definitely only in there once.

Any ideas?
Thank you.

Andy

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
very strange, can you try to display the actual SQL query executed ($display_sql =1 in config.php) and execute it on phpmyadmin or any other sql client?

Best,

AndyB

Eugenio,

Running the SQL code as you suggested in phpmyadmin shows the duplicate lines but just querying the database on its own shows only one record.

Regards

Andy

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
My guess is that you have one or more select_single fields in your table, this causes the use of an SQL JOIN with the linked table ... if for a record of the table A you have two records in the table B you will see two records, that's normal.
So the behviour you see It's probably more related to how the database has been designed; not sure if I have been clear.

Best,

AndyB

Eugenio,

Yes it made perfect sense and has helped me locate the issue exactly as you described.
As usual many thanks for your help.

Regards

Andy