[Questions] - Installed dadabik for the first time

barcode

Hi, I just came across dadabik recently and just purchased an enterprise license. I have been using it for about a week, and so far it's been a great experience.

I have some questions please, if anyone can help with any of them, that would be awesome.

1. How can I move an installed application to a different domain (without affecting the license)?

2. How do I allow non-admin users to create other users, without giving them administrative privileges?
- I'm about to write my own API just to do this, is there a better way I should consider, before I start?

3. How can I set a different homepage for each User Group?

4. Is it possible to make user accounts/entire groups expire on a certain date, and for dadabik to not allow them to login (but keep the record in the users table, for data integrity purposes)?

5. Is it possible to password-protect the Logout button? I want only the group 'Users' to have to enter their account password again to be able to logout, is this possible?
- The reason is because the application runs on a tablet by the reception desk, for people who enter the building to register their name, number, email and car registration number (unsupervised) - I need to make sure that these visitors can't log out of the application. I can't hide the logout button entirely, I just need to make sure that only the Managers can actually logout the application

6. How can I make the confirmation messages auto-hide after 2-3 seconds?
- For example when you add a record, the text in english.php 'item correctly inserted.' stays there forever. Normally this is ok, but for this use case, many different people need to register their own details at the reception desk, and they always see the previous person's 'item correctly inserted.' and they can get confused and forget to click 'Submit'.

barcode

2. How do I allow non-admin users to create other users, without giving them administrative privileges?
- I'm about to write my own API just to do this, is there a better way I should consider, before I start?

Managed to implement this point with custom hooks and some more advanced logic (tu)

barcode

4. Is it possible to make user accounts/entire groups expire on a certain date, and for dadabik to not allow them to login (but keep the record in the users table, for data integrity purposes)?

5. Is it possible to password-protect the Logout button? I want only the group 'Users' to have to enter their account password again to be able to logout, is this possible?

6. How can I make the confirmation messages auto-hide after 2-3 seconds?

Working my way through the list, I must admit it's nice working with dadabik. All I'm left with now is:

1. How can I move an installed application to a different domain (without affecting the license)?

New: How can I implement an e-signature field with dadabik, please?

deep64blue

DaDaBIK Guru
If it is all on the same hosting service you can just point the domain at the new application's directory. If not you need to copy everything over, update config_custom.php and install the database on the new server.

deep64blue

DaDaBIK Guru
You can create a file called home.php in include/custom_php and point Home to that on the "Pages" tab.

Within home.php do something like this:-

if ($current_id_group==1) {
#Content for group 1 here
} elseif ($current_id_group==2) {
#Content for group 2 here
}
else {
#Default content here
}

If you have a lot of groups and/or lot of content you could use a switch statement and include a seperate file for each group:-

switch ($current_id_group) {
case "1":
include_once 'group1home.php';
break;
case "2":
include_once 'group2home.php';
break;
case "3":
include_once 'group3home.php';
break;
default:
include_once 'defaulthome.php';