Problems with updated MySQL

Since the update of MySQL to Server Version: 5.5.28 by my provider I have problems with uploading pictures.
At each record I have 66 upload fields for pictures (33 for large pictures (60 - 120 KB each) and 33 for the thumbs (approx. 10 KB each)). Additional to every picture there is a joined text field for the image description.
Before the update, everything worked perfectly.
Now I'm only able to upload up to picture 10 plus thumnail.
From picture 11 on, nothing is saved (not the image in the upload-folder nor the image filename in the DB).
But from the time to save the edit, it looks like the picture(s) are uploaded.
But the image descriptions are saved.
Any suggestions?

MySQL 5.5.28 on UNIX Server
Dadabik 4.3 (Downloaded June 2011)

Thanks for help!

Mario

There is no EDIT button here!

After saving the record, it writes on top " record correctly updated", but no pictures are saved!

Apache server
MySQL client version 5.5.28

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
it seems very strange that a change in the MySQL version could affect part of your uploads. I think something else changed too.
You could try the same mysql version on a local machine and see if the change in MySQL version affects the uploads as on the server.
Anyway, you are using a quite old version of DaDaBIK, since v. 4.3 many bugs (also security bugs) have been fixed.

I have now updated to the latest (beta) version!
My provided wrote me, the upload restrictions came from php. There have been only 20 file uploads at the same time possible.
He extended now the limit to 50, but which still a bit to less.
What I dont understand:
After uploading the files, I transfer them to another folder.
When I edit the record, I only want to upload 1 or 2 files, but it looks like, all files (also the "old" ones) "will be uploaded" again, what seems to be impossible, because they are in another folder.

Mario

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if you added some PHP code to move the files to another folder but yes, it is impossible, only the files you choose from the form are uploaded.