Problem with 'required' in custom_required_functions.php

Matthijs

Hi, I use the code below in custom_required_functions.php

If I use the function "dadabik_hide_nsd_opduwer" on a select_single_radio field, the field is correct hidden/shown.
But the "required" option does not work: if $a['required'] = true; - it is possible to save the record without selecting one of the values (and thus have a NULL in the database).

function dadabik_hide_nsd_opduwer ($params){
if ( $params['deelnemen'] <> 'Ja' or $params['type_boot'] <> 'Opduwer')
{
$a['show'] = false;
$a['required'] = false;
}
else{
$a['show'] = true;
$a['required'] = true;
}
return $a;

Your current DaDaBIK version​

You are using DaDaBIK version 11.12-Elba enterprise, installed on 10-12-2023 (installation code: 18828644e443ac0e33), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 11.12-Elba released on 30-11-2023

You are running the latest release of DaDaBIK

In case you want to upgrade to a more powerful edition (from Pro to Enterprise/Platinum, from Enterprise to Platinum) please contact us.

System info​

PHP Version: 7.4.33

mysql version: 5.5.5-10.6.16-MariaDB

Web server: Apache/2

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/120.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

darren

If i am understanding this correctly, you have a radio field that hides unless the user selects 'ja' or 'opduwer'. if they do, a radio field appears and is supposed to be required to fill out, however, the radio field is appearing but is not showing as being required?

Matthijs

Hi,

if field deelnemen = 'Ja' and type_boot = 'Opduwer', I want to show a radio field.
The field is displayed correctly, but I can finish editing the record without selecting one of the radio values. So, field stored as NULL.
I would expect since I say $a['required'] = true that I would need to select a value!

thanks for any help!
Matthijs

darren

your response seems to disagree with your code if you want the radio to be require if deelnemen = 'Ja' and type_boot = 'Opduwer' then $params['deelnemen'] <> 'Ja' or $params['type_boot'] <> 'Opduwer' would not get you that. and should be $params['deelnemen'] == 'Ja' and $params['type_boot'] == 'Opduwer'.

your existing code would become required if either Ja or Opduwer is selected, in case thats not what you are going for. Just to make sure you are missing a closing } in your code, also maybe try defining $a as $a = array() earlier in your function because it is not apparent to me what is wrong with your code. maybe something elsewhere in the code

Matthijs

Hi Darren,

closing } was there. I also tried $a = array() -> but no effect.
The code works fine for a text field. Bit not for a radio field ...

Matthijs

I found the solution in the manual:

For select_single_radio fields, if the user didn't select any option, the corresponding key in $parameters_ar won't be set
and
if you need to use a field value, the correspondent field cannot be disabled in the edit form and cannot be a calculated field (which is always disabled)

So the fields I was comparing were not set ...