Photo Upload

AndyB

You are using DaDaBIK version 7.3.3 pro, installed on 07-29-2016, the last version of DaDaBIK is 7.3.3 released on 07-26-2016
You are runnning the last release of DaDaBIK
PHP Version: 5.6.20
mysql version: 5.6.26-log
Web server: Apache
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0

I am having real issues with photo upload and have tried many different combinations of the two fields in config.php, $upload_relative_url and $upload_directory.
The only way I can get pictures to upload is by making both of these entries ' '
If I do this the pictures upload to the dadabik directory ok and I can view them from the Show Items screen.
However if I set either of these two parameters then upload fails.
My Upload directory is directly under my dadabik directory and the permissions are set to Read, write and execute for this directory.
My understanding is that the two entries should be uploads/ and /dadabik/uploads/ as the dadabik directory is directly under the root of my website.

Thanks

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
no, as explained in config.php, $upload_directory is the absolute (phisycal) path

e.g. 'c:\\data\\web\\dadabik\\uploads\\' on windows systems
e.g. '/home/my/path/dadabik/uploads/' on unix systems

Best,

AndyB

Eugenio, my website is on a hosted shared server and so the root of my data is really /root/htdocs/ which would amke the absolute path /root/htdocs/dadabik/uploads but this gives me the same error "An error occurred when uploading a file." Acording to the hosted provider the root of my website is htdocs which would make the path /dadabik/uploads but this again results in the same error.
Any further ideas would be gratefully received as I have honestly tried every single combination possible over many hours.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
If you are hosted on a shared server it's quite unlikely the path is /root/htdocs
Try yourself: create a test.php file containing this php statement

echo dirname(__FILE__);

run it and see the path to your test.php file.

AndyB

Eugenio,

Sincere thanks for this as the result from the test..php then worked when put into the config.php.
As you can see from below I would never have been able to work it out otherwise.

/home/hp3-linc3-nfs2-z/906/714906/user/htdocs/dadabik

Andy