Not getting the correct search results, help please?

GingerNut

Hi,
I'm a newby to Dadabix, and I'm having trouble getting the correct search results.
I'm sure it's something very simple, but I can't find it :(

I have a table with four fields

1. ID
2. Last Name
3. First Name
4. Email

What I need to do is allow the user to search by their email to get their ID, and display all four fields for the result.

My problem is, no matter what settings I use, the results show all the entries in the table, and not just the one that matches the email?

Can anyone help please?
Yours Roy

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, please provide all the information requested for support (DaDaBIK version and so on).
You should also set $display_sql to 1 in config.php and post here (if it's ok to publish that information) the query produced.
If you can provide a public access to the DaDaBIK application you have produced it would be even better.

GingerNut

Hi Eugenio,
I downloaded and installed it yesterday, so it is the latest version.
I am happy to PM you the link, but not publish it publicly.
You have a PM.
Yours Roy

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Roy,
you have to provide as much information as you can, please read the instructions before posting:

"DaDaBIK version, browser, operating system, DBMS (e.g. Mysql 5.1.47), Web server (e.g. Apache 2.2.16). If reporting errors, please include results after turning debug options ON in config.php."

Also, if you don't set $display_sql to 1 as I asked you we can't help.

GingerNut

Hi Eugenio,
ddbk_34765_20120927
Windows 7 x64
Chrome Version 22.0.1229.79 m
$dbms_type = 'mysql';
MySQL version 5.1.63-cll
Apache version 2.2.22
$display_sql = 1;
No errors, just as I said, when I search for the email instead of just showing the single result it shows all the contents of the table.
I sent the link to you via PM.
Yours Roy

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.dadabik.org/index.php?function=show_documentation#bugs

"Insert/search/update fail if one or more field names contain blank spaces or dots (e.g. "my field" or "my.field" are not allowed, use "my_field" instead)."

This is the reason why your search doesn't work.