Not able to upload xlsx file

TM Weakley

Your current DaDaBIK version​

You are using DaDaBIK version 11.10-Elba platinum, installed on 09-05-2023

System info​

PHP Version: 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14
mysql version: 5.5.5-10.6.12-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.22.04.1
Web server: Apache/2.4.52 (Ubuntu)
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/116.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 Edg/116.0.1938.69

created a file i shows records are being loaded - but ends with cannot load as not all required fields are being entered. Please advise. conect site .jpgresult of upload.jpgUpload ready.jpg

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
it literally means that for some rows in your excel file, you don't have values for all the fields that you set as required and that you allowed in the insert form.

Best,

TM Weakley

Hello,
it literally means that for some rows in your excel file, you don't have values for all the fields that you set as required and that you allowed in the insert form.

Best,
I completely agree - however; The file is fully populated, and the insert screen is available. I have even turned off many of the mandatory fields Could it be a problem with the 'single select fields? when the single select field has a large number of values?

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe the cols in the excel file don't have the same name as the db fields? If this is the case, you have to use the $csv_col_names settings.
Check the documentation:

Best,

TM Weakley

all column names are the same as database. The structure of the data is that the COMPANY is loaded first, Then the sites are loaded followed by the contacts. The companies loaded successfully without any problem. The SITE are children COMPANY and when entering data it reflects as such with a working dropdown. How should the data look in the xls (column names) to load sites of companies that exist in the database? Please advise

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think I have understood the question: the column names must be equal to the field names (or, alternatively, you set them with $csv_col_names), regardless of their content. When you get that error message, the value hasn't been evaluated yet, the error is just a result of a missing value.
I suggest to open an email support ticket.

ONM

I am now getting the same error "Processing row 2". But i found the problem. I had a typo in my Excel, categroy instead of category. I fixed this and rows loaded as expected.

TM Weakley

I have three tables -The tales are COMPANY, SITE, & CONTACTS grandparent, parent, & child respectively. I can get data to load in testing. But for users to upload their own data is not practical for them to look up the ID of the Company or SITE and put that into the file. How do I structure the data in the upload files so that I do not have to pull the ID for company and site after they are loaded? The users will have various short names that they will use for company and site.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-11 132157.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-11 132157.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 1

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
I have three tables -The tales are COMPANY, SITE, & CONTACTS grandparent, parent, & child respectively. I can get data to load in testing. But for users to upload their own data is not practical for them to look up the ID of the Company or SITE and put that into the file. How do I structure the data in the upload files so that I do not have to pull the ID for company and site after they are loaded? The users will have various short names that they will use for company and site.

This seems a different question, is the "required fields" problem fixed? If yes, what was the reason of the issue?

TM Weakley

When I was loading data, I received that I was putting text in numeric fields, I also received messages that required fields are missing data. it was the fields that link the tables and create the grandparent parent child relationship. Once I identified how the system was working, I saw the gap / issue that will be experienced with data loads.

a very refined issue now...

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, so just to clarify and for the benefit of future readers: was there a missing required field in the excel?

About your other question: there isn't a built-in method to do it; I normally use Transformation functions (check the manual, chapter: Import from MS Excel / CSV / ODS) to transform descriptions into IDs.

Best,