New to dadabik - install issue

clauer

Hi,

after reading an enthusiastic article about DaDaBik I decided to give it a try, downloaded 4.3 rc1 as suggested and saved it on my local system. I did the changes to config.php and enabled magig_quotes_gpc via .htaccess which for the DaDaBik folder is now on (generally off).

Calling install.php results in some errors:
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Users\Public\Internet\htdocs\dadabik\include\adodb\adodb.inc.php on line 914

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Users\Public\Internet\htdocs\dadabik\include\adodb\adodb.inc.php on line 1988

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Users\Public\Internet\htdocs\dadabik\include\adodb\adodb.inc.php on line 2060

and:
Strict Standards: Declaration of ADODB2_mysql::_CreateSuffix() should be compatible with that of ADODB_DataDict::_CreateSuffix() in C:\Users\Public\Internet\htdocs\dadabik\include\adodb\datadict\datadict-mysql.inc.php on line 180

[08] Error: during query execution.

I'm running Windows 7 (64 Bit), Apache 2.2, PHP 5.3.3. I tried to install with an existing database.

Thanks for any help.
Chris

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Chris,
thanks for reporting this issue. First of all you don't need to enable magig_quotes_gpc.
About your problem: I'll test DaDaBIK with the same PHP version you use to see if I get the same error and I will fix it. In the meantime, try to download and use the last adodb library, which seems to cause the compatibility problem: download the last release from adodb.sourceforge.net, delete all the files in the /config/adodb dadabik folder and put there the files you have downloaded. I think this will fix the problem. Probably you will break the compatibility with Oracle and MS SQL Server but if you use DaDaBIK with MySQL no problem.

PS Which article did you read?

clauer

Hi Eugenio,
thanks for your quick answer. The article has been printed in a german magazine called "PHP Journal" in its Nov/Dec edition.
I'll try your hint with adodb.

Regards, Chris

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
cool! I'll include the last php4-compatible adodb version in the next release of DaDaBIK.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Crhis,
I tried to replicate your problem without success. With the last PHP version and putting:
error_reporting(-1);
ini_set('display_errors', '1');
at the beginning of install.php, to be 100% sure that all the errors are displayed, I get the same Strict Standard and Deprecated warning you gets, but DaDaBIK is then installed correctly and no
is displayed. This last error looks very strange to me, because is a DaDaBIK-generated query error and shouldn't have nothing to do with the ADODB code style.
Could you please re-do a fresh installation of DaDaBIK 4.3 rc1 (without changing the adodb version) and let me know again the errors? Before installing it please put $debug_mode to 1 in /include/config.php

Thanks!

clauer

Hi Eugenio,
that's what I did, exactly the same as the first time (as far as I remember...):

1)
Create a database (according to the suggestion in the article I've read). with one table.

2)
Adding the parameters to config.php as requested.

3)
Called install.php. The databse has been created (I think this was exactly the same as for the first time).

4)
In the administrative interface (admin.php) the table I've created before was not present.

5)
Calling index.php returns this error:
SELECT FROM `person`
DBMS server said: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'FROM `person`' at line 1
That was exactly the point where things stopped.

What I did in testing this issue after your posting:

1)
In the database's folder, the table is present.

2)
In a frontend, I'm using on my local system, the table is not present which means DaDaBik won't locate it as well.

3)
There is no visible difference between the table in the database created with the original adodb and that one with the downloaded adodb511 even when I look at the preferences.

4)
So I changed adodb again but nothing happened except this error occured:
INSERT INTO `dadabik_users_tab` VALUES (1, 'id_user', 'id_user', 'text', 'alphanumeric', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '0', '0', '0', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 'is_equal/contains/starts_with/ends_with/greater_than/less_then', '', '', '', '', '100', '', 1, '~')
DBMS server said: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

This are the results by now. Can't imagine what happend to the table during installation but I think there is the "critical" point.

Let me know if you need any file for further investigations.
Regards
Chris

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
I Chris, I've missed the point, the last error you post should mean that you mix two different version of DaDaBIK.
I didn't understand if you did the first 5 steps with the old or the new adodb library and if you get the installation errors.

What you should do is (sorry if you already did but I haven't understood):
1) download the 4.3 rc1
2) create a completely new database (with phpmyadmin or whatever tool you use)
3) set the minimum config parameters with the database just created + $debug_mode = 1
4) launch install.php and report the errors (if any)
5) go to admin.php and report the errors (if any)

Thanks again!

clauer

Hi Eugenio,
looks like the reason for the failure was a rather simple one. After some testing I realized that the table I created with my frontend was not readable. So DaDaBik was not able to locate it.

With the table newly created the install was ok and the DaDaBik tables were created as expected.

Please excuse me for reporting an error that didn't exist and the useless work you had on this.

Regards
Chris

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
No problem Chris, I imagined that the query error was not due to DaDaBIK or ADOdb, but I have anyway updated the ADOdb version in order to avoid warning messages and I'll include this new library in DaDaBIK 4.3 rc2.