Multiple Inserts

AnnaFoot

Hello,
I am quite new to this, and can't seem to find any information on Multiple Inserts - the tick box appears on my data form at the bottom - i'm not quite sure what it does, or how to hide it if i don't want my users to use it.
Thanks,
Your current DaDaBIK version

You are using DaDaBIK version 11.2-Elba enterprise, installed on 11-30-2021 (installation code: 1651960084f1837ccf), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 11.2-Elba released on 11-16-2021

You are runnning the latest release of DaDaBIK

In case you want to upgrade to a more powerful edition (from Pro to Enterprise/Platinum, from Enteprise to Platinum) please contact us.
System info

PHP Version: 7.4.13

sqlserver version: 14.00.1000

Web server: Microsoft-IIS/10.0

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:94.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/94.0

URL installation: https://cddtesting.co.uk/my_dadabik_directory/

frenjd

You have 2 options for multiple inserts. Multiple Menu or Multiple checkbox. It sounds like you have chosen multiple tick box. This means that a tickbox will appear for each of the multiple choice options you have setup.

A user can then tick as many or as little options as they desire. If you do not want your users to use it you can do that via permisssions, but why have it if you don't want your users to use it?

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
I think Anna refers to the checkbox "multiple inserts" while frenjd refers to the select multiple field type.
It's useful when you want to insert a several records and maybe they differ just for a one or two fields. You check it and after insert, instead of going back to the results grid, dadabik shows the edit form of the record just inserted, that you can "insert as new" after having modified something. The process continue unless you uncheck "multiple inserts".

You can disable it using the config parameter $show_multiple_inserts_checkbox

Best,