Menu order

johan

Hi Euginio,

I would like to re-arange the order of my menu items.
in the database i can see that it is stored in theTabel: dadabik_static_pages row: "menu_order_static_page"
and in the tabel: dadabik_table_list row: menu_order_table.

How can I ajust this order?

for example

1. sales
1.1 Belgium
1.2 Netherlands
1.3 Italy
2.help
3. exit

I would like to put Italy on top. on position 1.1

I hope that it is posible, otherwise I would like tot ask for a new feature.

regards Johan

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
In order to get support, you need to specify your environment in your message: DaDaBIK version, browser, operating system, DBMS (e.g. Mysql 5.1.47), Web server (e.g. Apache 2.2.16).

If you have already installed DaDaBIK and your DaDaBIK version is >= 5 you can just go into the administration section of your installation, click on About/Check upgrade and paste in the support request the content of the page.

If you are reporting errors, please also include results after turning $debug_mode ON in config.php.
Without the above information the support request will not be taken into consideration

johan

You are using DaDaBIK version 10.0-Manarola enterprise, installed on 29-02-2020
PHP Version: 7.3.12
mysql version: 8.0.18
Web server: Apache/2.4.41 (Win64) PHP/7.3.12
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/81.0.4044.138 Safari/537.36

johan

herby my environment information:

You are using DaDaBIK version 10.0-Manarola enterprise, installed on 29-02-2020
PHP Version: 7.3.12
mysql version: 8.0.18
Web server: Apache/2.4.41 (Win64) PHP/7.3.12
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/81.0.4044.138 Safari/537.36

and it is running on windows10

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
from admin->pages you have three columns: menu order, separator and parent; you can set everything from there.

Best,

johan

Hi Eugenio,

Am I thinking to dificult?

when I trie to set the order of the sub-menu items, like: Revenues by month (1), N. sales by customer (2), N. sales by sale rep (3). (#) is the menu order number. And all 3 have the same parent "Statistics"
Then I see in the main-menu that sales west 3 comes in another main-menu item.

iNPlOtq.jpg
DwhXNue.jpg

(picure is bigger than this forum, right mousclick, open in new tab for the whole picture)
what are the options to change the order in the sub-menu, so the sub-menu items stays with the parent main-menu-item.?

Best,
Johan

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Johan,
I don't see it in the picture but I guess "Products" has order 2, that's why you see it before "N. sales by sale rep".

Best,

huggi

Hi johan,

this is a bit confusing. Dadabik has only one ordering system independent of the Parent entries. If there are menu entries without parents between others of the same parent, the Parent is shown several times.
Example:

Parent
Page One 1
Page Two 2
Page Three 3

Page Four 4

Everything looks fine in the above example. But if you change Page Four to order number 3 it looks like this:

Parent
Page One 1
Page Two 2

Page Four 3

Parent
Page Three 4

So you want to keep all the Pages of one Parent uninterrupted by another Page. This has also caused me Headaches ;-)

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Michael