Just a clarification for DaDaBik 11.10

juergen_mueller

DaDaBIK Guru
Hi Eugenio

This is my setup:

Your current DaDaBIK version​

You are using DaDaBIK version 11.10-Elba platinum, installed on 14.07.2023 (installation code: 18715640b0045366e6), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 11.11-Elba released on 27.09.2023

You are not running the last release of DaDaBIK, the release you are running might have bugs and security holes, see the official change log for further information. You can upgrade DaDaBIK here.

In case you want to upgrade to a more powerful edition (from Pro to Enterprise/Platinum, from Enterprise to Platinum) please contact us.

System info​

PHP Version: 8.1.23

mysql version: 10.11.4-MariaDB-1:10.11.4+maria~deb11-log

Web server: Apache

-----
This version does work on PHP 8.1 but switching to 8.2 results in a blank page. So, for PHP 8.2 I have to install DaDaBik 11.11 which I recently got. This is correct I guess?

Best,

Juergen

juergen_mueller

DaDaBIK Guru
Hello again

This is my actual configuration:
Code:
Your current DaDaBIK version

You are using DaDaBIK version 11.11-Elba platinum, installed on 05.10.2023 (installation code: 18715640b0045366e6), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 11.11-Elba released on 27.09.2023

You are running the latest release of DaDaBIK

In case you want to upgrade to a more powerful edition (from Pro to Enterprise/Platinum, from Enterprise to Platinum) please contact us.

System info

PHP Version: 8.1.23

mysql version: 10.11.4-MariaDB-1:10.11.4+maria~deb11-log

Web server: Apache

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/17.0 Safari/605.1.15

With PHP 8.1 everything runs fine. When switching to 8.2 I get an 502 Bad Gateway Error for this particular domain DaDaBik is running on. All other domains at the same hosting run fin with PHP 8.2.

I talked to my hosting company who checked whether there was an error on their side. So far, the could not find anything apart from this message:

Code:
AH00052: child pid 588904 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

Therefor, I am strongly hesitating to use PHP 8.2 with this DaDaBik application which is a bit more complex than others (lot of custom php functions, hooks and custom pages)

Any idea what to do?

Thanks

Juergen

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
So it's DaDaBIK 11.11, PHP 8.3, ioncube 13.0.2, very strange you got that error. Do you get it for any file? Could you try to call /index.php /login.php /admin.php to see if something changes?

juergen_mueller

DaDaBIK Guru
Hello Eugenio

I tried to do a fresh install in a subfolder of another instances (domain) on the same web server. Other applications on this instance run fine with PHP 8.2 and IonCube 13.0.2 activated. As soon as I try to run the installation, I get the same 502 error. If you like I'll send you the URL via PN.

Best, Juergen

Last edited:

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
with other applications you mean other dadabik-based applications or non-dadabik applications?
So the file that for sure triggers the problem is install.php, have you tried calling /index.php /login.php /admin.php to see if something changes?

juergen_mueller

DaDaBIK Guru
Hi,
with other applications you mean other dadabik-based applications or non-dadabik applications?
So the file that for sure triggers the problem is install.php, have you tried calling /index.php /login.php /admin.php to see if something changes?
Sorry for not being precise. I mean non-DaDaBik applications like Sitelok e.g. And yes, I tried /index.php, /admin.php and /login.php which all result in a 502 Bad Gateway (nginx) error.

However, when calling /install.php I get the installation page

Edit: I also tried to run the /upgrade.php which shows up correctly. However, when trying to run /upgrade2.php, the 502 error is back again

Last edited:

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
install.php and upgrade.php don't use ioncube, so the problem apparently is with ioncube.
I haven't seen this error so far with PHP 8.2 + ioncube 13.0.2 but I will open a ticket with ioncube to see if they have any suggestions.
Could you also open a (dadabik) email support ticket so we can easily share info in case we need it?

best,