Installation Error [08}

AnnaFoot

Hello,
I upgraded yesterday to the 10.5 Enterprise version. Everything upgraded fine. Then, somehow, i managed to delete some files in the directory, including all those in /include - not good i know! After trying a few things and not getting anywhere i removed all the files in the dadabik directory, took the dadabik tables out of my test database, and tried to start again. I copied the program files from the enterprise folder, modified the config_custom file, and tried to re-install.
But am getting this error:
[08] Error: during query execution. INSERT INTO "dadabik_permissions" (subject_type_permission,id_subject,object_type_permission,object_permission,id_permission_type,value_permission) values (N'group', 1, N'field', N'TblAppointments.AppointmentID', 7, N'1')
The DBMS server said: SQLSTATE[23000]: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server][SQL Server]Violation of UNIQUE KEY constraint 'unique_permission'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.dadabik_permissions'. The duplicate key value is (1, field, TblAppointments.AppointmentID, 7).

i tried deleting the table in my database - i recognize it, and it has the correct name for the id field, but i have no idea where it is getting the duplicate from, i tried to install again, and it failed again at another table - not the next one, maybe three or four later.

I can't see any of the dadabik tables in the database, so can't see what is going on there. I thought there might be some hidden tables or something that were still somewhere so i have restored the database from an earlier version but the error is still occurring.

i am in enterprise version 10.5, but can't give you all the details as i can't get to that bit of the program.

Thanks for your help.

Anna

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Anna,
honestly I am not sure in which situation your application is after having removed the files (part of them)? and the tables.

If you are ok with just installing Dadabik from scratch over on an existing database, just follow the normal installation instructions starting from the original Dadabik package and you shouldn't get the error you mentioned.

Best,

AnnaFoot

Thanks Eugenio,

I have now deleted the database (i am using SqlServer) and then recreated it. I deleted the dadabik directory from the website. Copied across all the files from program_files. Modified my custom_config file. Ran the install file, and got the same error again.
[08] Error: during query execution. INSERT INTO "dadabik_permissions" (subject_type_permission,id_subject,object_type_permission,object_permission,id_permission_type,value_permission) values (N'group', 1, N'field', N'TblAppointments.AppointmentID', 7, N'1')
The DBMS server said: SQLSTATE[23000]: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server][SQL Server]Violation of UNIQUE KEY constraint 'unique_permission'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.dadabik_permissions'. The duplicate key value is (1, field, TblAppointments.AppointmentID, 7).

Is it possible that this is an issue with 10.5, and sqlserver? I notice that there are some N' in the error message, and have read in another post that this is causing trouble with sqlserver and the encrypter.

When i managed to install correctly, i was using 10.4, and then i upgraded to 10.5. This installation was done with 10.5.

I think i will try again with 10.4, and then upgrade. I'll let you know how i get on.

Anna

AnnaFoot

Okay Eugenio,

I have cleared everything out again, and this time put in 10.4 pro program files. Everything works fine.

I think that there is an error in 10.5 when installing a database from sqlserver - and it is probably something to do with those N'

I suspect i am unlucky, in that i might be the first person to install 10.5 from scratch and interact with sqlserver!

I hope this helps you sort it out!

Anna

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Anna,
sqlserver has an issue with those N, we are figuring out it and fixing it and a fix will be released very soon, but this is not the reason of the error you got.

It seems that, for the field TblAppointments.AppointmentID, the permissions are stored twice and I don't understand why. My suggestion is to open an email support ticket so we can have a closer look.

The only reason why on 10.4 you didn't get such error is because 10.5 introduced a constraint that is useful to detect unexpected situations like this one so probably on 10.4 you had the permissions recorded twice as well (and you shouldn't) but DaDaBIK didn't complain about that.

Best,

AnnaFoot

Sounds like you have it all in hand, you are right, i did get a long list of duplicate ids, from a bunch of the tables when i installed on 10.4, but as you said, it didn't cause a failure.

When you say raise a support ticket, is that when you look specifically at my set up?

As the tables that were causing the issue, aren't ones i need to be able to access from the website, i'll just keep going. I suspect, as i am beginning to really get to grips with what is going on in Dadabik, i may need them at a later stage!

Thanks for your prompt response.

Anna