Install problems

JDonovan

Apologies in advance, my knowledge of PHP, MySQL, etc. would fit into one of Eugenio's espresso cups...

Just installing DaDaBIK for the first time, connecting to an existing MySQL database and an operating PHP-based website.

- I edited config_custom.php and added my site specific info
- I copied the DaDaBIK tree of files to ./db (There is a working app in ./app)
- I ran thru the ioncube install and config and it shows up when I run phpinfo()
- When I run ./db/install.php from a browser (Chrome on Windows 10) I get:

This page isn’t workingwww.hhfireproofing.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

Can you point me in the right direction?

Versions
MySQL 5.7.29
PHP 7.2.29
DadaBIK 10.1
Linux host
Apache

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello JDonovan,
about the folder, I am not sure if /db has a specific meaning in your environment but DaDaBIK can be installed in any folder that is accessible from the Web, so it should be fine.

HTTP ERROR 500 is just a generic error, to check the actual error you should look at your apache error logs (or ask your hosting provider); post again here when you got some details.

Best,

JDonovan

- ./db folder (Nothing special, just the dir name I chose) For confirmation, this works fine:

- http://www.hhfireproofing.com/db/phpinfo.php » [ Displays full PHP configuration info]

- Nothing in the error.log. This is what shows up in the access.log

174.52.89.88 - - [22/Apr/2020:08:28:05 -0700] "GET /db/install.php HTTP/1.1" 301 517 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; ) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/81.0.4044.122 Safari/537.36"
174.52.89.88 - - [22/Apr/2020:08:28:05 -0700] "GET /db/install.php HTTP/1.1" 500 209 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; ) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/81.0.4044.122 Safari/537.36"

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Ok. There could be several reasons but I think the most probable is that you have a syntax error in a file you edited.
If you just edited config_custom.php, double check it and/or try to run again install.php with the original config_custom.php file (you should get an error for missing serial number etc but not a 500 error).

From your phpinfo I see display_errors Is 0 (which BTW is good, it's not safe to show errors) but also error_log is empty. Anyway I would remove that public phpinfo file, it is not safe to have such file publicly available.

Best,

JDonovan

OK, it's running now. I commented out my edits from config_custom and restored your stock config and it is giving me the license error. I'll troubleshoot step-by-step from here. Thanks.

JDonovan

Logging my experience for future n00b's (like me!):

So, the process I followed was this:

1. Downloaded app, unzipped to my local computer.
2. Opened config_custom.php and added all my site specific info (and made some typos, of course).
3. FTP'd Dadabik files to webserver.
4. Got "HTTP 500 error".
5. Installed Ioncube
6. Got "HTTP 500 error". (x1000)
7. Tried a million different things on webserver, mysql, logging, PHP config, Ioncube config, etc, etc, etc...
8 . Got "HTTP 500 error". (x1000 more times)
9. On Eugenio's advice, I copied in plain vanilla config.php and config_custom.php.
10. Install worked the way it should, erroring on licensing. I was then stepwise able to get installed, adding my site specific variables a few at a time.

So in summary, install Dadabik with all plain vanilla. It will error but show you that http, PHP, (Ioncube?) are working. Then, start layering in addons and site specific stuff.

Cheers!