Install Issue

Judge38

Hi there,
When I try to install Dadabik 10.6, it leaves install.php to goto install2.php , it fails with "this page isn't working?
Can anyone help please ?

Dadabik.jpg

ioncube.jpg

Attachments

• Dadabik2.jpg
    Dadabik2.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 0

Judge38

Oh dear, I bought 10.6 in 2021 and have only just got round to using it,
what version of PHP will 10.6 go up to Eugenio ?

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
10.6 was released on Jan 26, 2021, almost three years ago. Three years these days is a very long time for a software release, in the meantime bugs and security issues have been fixed.
You can use PHP 7.x with 10.6 but I suggest to upgrade, PHP 7 is not receiving security updates anymore by the PHP developers.

@deep64blue yes, at that time PHP 8.1 wasn't out.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Eugenio,
So broadly speaking, I'll need to re-purchase every 3 years to be secure ?

I never said that.

As any other software, latest versions normally guarantees that old security issues discovered have been fixed.

Each lifetime license (Pro, Enterprise, Platinum) has a free upgrade period. Enterprise and Platinum, at the end of the free upgrade period, allow to buy a maintenance license (instead of a full license) to download the latest version.
If instead you are on a monthly subscription, you always get the upgrades for free.
Everything is explained here:

Best,

Judge38

Lol I'm not having a go Eugenio, we all need to earn a crust :)
I've only got a small bunch of low risk tables and ran the old free version on PHP5 (for over 10 years)
I needed to bring things up to date and bought 10.6 .. then got distracted.
Even after reading the plans, It still seems that Paying $49 every three years would still be my best bet ?

Regards
Martin