install errors 10.3-Manarola pro

Sorry. My unfamiliarity with php. I thought I was commenting out the original lines with ';'. I now see that I should have used '//'

BTW, when I make a change like this, do I need to stop/start Apache? I have been, but also have been wondering if it's necessary.

[pre]
$fks=array();
foreach (execute_db($sql, $conn) as $row){
var_dump($row);
// $fks[$row['column_name']]['referenced_table_name'] = $row['referenced_table_name'];
$fks[$row['COLUMN_NAME']]['referenced_table_name'] = $row['REFERENCED_TABLE_NAME'];
// $fks[$row['column_name']]['referenced_field_name'] = $row['referenced_column_name'];
$fks[$row['COLUMN_NAME']]['referenced_field_name'] = $row['REFERENCED_COLUMN_NAME'];
}

[/pre]

Result.

[pre]
string(17) "caliber_or_gauges" string(8) "firearms" array(6) { ["COLUMN_NAME"]=> string(38) "caliber_or_gauges_caliber_or_gauges_id" [0]=> string(38) "caliber_or_gauges_caliber_or_gauges_id" ["REFERENCED_TABLE_NAME"]=> string(17) "caliber_or_gauges" [1]=> string(17) "caliber_or_gauges" ["REFERENCED_COLUMN_NAME"]=> string(20) "caliber_or_gauges_id" [2]=> string(20) "caliber_or_gauges_id" }
On-line registration done......your installation code is: 161295f98616f56684

string(17) "caliber_or_gauges" string(14) "dadabik_groups" string(13) "dadabik_users" string(8) "firearms" array(6) { ["COLUMN_NAME"]=> string(38) "caliber_or_gauges_caliber_or_gauges_id" [0]=> string(38) "caliber_or_gauges_caliber_or_gauges_id" ["REFERENCED_TABLE_NAME"]=> string(17) "caliber_or_gauges" [1]=> string(17) "caliber_or_gauges" ["REFERENCED_COLUMN_NAME"]=> string(20) "caliber_or_gauges_id" [2]=> string(20) "caliber_or_gauges_id" } string(17) "caliber_or_gauges"
[/pre]

This looks like it worked. When I choose table firearms and column cog_cog_id at the top, Forms configurator now populates the Lookup table and Lookup table primary key field.

The form preview looks OK, but when I Exit admin, the forms for both tables are simple searches forms. I don't have any rows in these tables, so maybe that's expected behavior. I guess now that my install problem is resolved I'll have to learn to use DaDaBik <smile>.

I'm going to make this same capitalization change to my dadabik app and remove the var_dump and row_dump operators. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for working so hard (and late, yes?) on this.

Ken C

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
thanks to you for the detailed report. I think that particular mysql version / OS combination can result in the problem you had, I have to check it out more in depth.

You don't have to restart apache and you can add insert and edit permissions from admin -> permissions.

Best,

Eugenio,

I just built my original complex schema.

This is brilliant!

dadabik added lookup 'stuff' for most of my FKs in my main table (firearms) automatically! Why it didn't do all of them is a minor question in my mind, not worth pursuing now. It was so easy to add the 'stuff' for the one FK that wasn't done automatically!

Bonus: the lookups are implemented in the tabular view as well as the form view. This implements everything I was looking for in an app generator. I'm just doing personal inventory-like apps for my personal use, so I don't really need a lot of fancy sophisticated features (pictures, pdfs, embedded anything, etc.) but I'm assuming that they're available in dadabik. Maybe I'll raise my expectations for my apps <wink>.

Thank you, again, for helping me get over this problem. And thank you for a terrific product.

KenC