Install Error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded

nassausky

I just purchased the enterprise version. What do you think about the following installation error:

[pre]
On-line registration done......your installation code is: ***************************

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in T:\Ampps\www\dada\include\db_functions_pdo.php on line 102
[/pre]

I received this error on 2 separate machines.
Tried the new installation on both a windows 7 & windows 8 pc with the latest XAMPPS and AMPPS.
Server type: MySQL
Server version: 5.6.17 - MySQL Community Server (GPL)
Protocol version: 10
Debugging is set to 1 (Not sure where it puts the debug info but I didn't see any extra messages on the screen)

Both installations have a maximum execution time set for 30 seconds. 60 seconds wasn't enough so I upped it to 120 seconds just to get the install done.
Both of these PCs have pretty decent hardware. Should it be a message in the installation instructions to increase this value and drop it down again to prevent any php process from exceeding too much processor time or do you have any other ideas for people who might see something similar to this during their first install.

Thanks,
Mike

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
quite strange indeed, probably you have a lot of tables in your db, do you? Good suggestion for the installation instructions.

Cheers.

nassausky

Thanks, It's just a small installation. Only 3 sample databases on top of the standard install Apache,MySQL,PHP install.

MySQLscreenshot.jpg

For anyone who is reading this post, using AMPPS stack on Windows, you can't just go right into the /php/php.ini file and make the max_execution_time change. You have to do it through the control center GUI in the PHP tab under configuration because AMPPS uses a technique to dynamically change the php version.

XAMPPS stack you can just go into the /php/php.ini file and make the edit and restart Apache.

:)

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
I meant if there was a lot of TABLES in the DB you were installing DaDaBIK, if not it is very strange to get that error during installation.